Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

SKB 505 for Quail

Old 10-04-2009, 08:58 AM
Spike

Default SKB 505 for Quail

I was wondering if anyone has used one of these. I was looking for a 20ga and can't decide if I should just stick with an 870 or try the over-under.
Does anybody know anything about these SKB's? The 505 is under a grand so just wondering if I should try it out or just stick with 870 and buy a bunch of ammo.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:40 AM
Typical Buck

if your looking for a cheap over under, stoeger makes some for around 500 i think, they might be worth a look.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default ou

I would tell you to make sure you can shoot an over and under before you buy one.

Mossberg makes an o/u for under $500 also, I have seen used ones in good shape for under $400. They are decent guns though, just not as fancy as the higher end. My brother and two other guys I hunt with have them and they all like them. Ill stick with my browning semi though, I like having the extra shot.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Spike

I have used a Citori and did well, but didn't want to go that high in price. I have heard some good things about SKB and the 505 I can get new for about 900 out the door. So just wondering if anybody else has.

I live in California, in the Bay Area where gun shops are limited and their used stock is very limited, thats why I was wanting to hear what people thought.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:37 AM
Typical Buck

Wonderful gun, been shooting mine for 12 years now. I am shooting the 20ga and it is the 26" tube. Killed every thing from quail to goose and even a few turkeys. This gun will cover all your hunting needs as long as you have a full compliment of choke tubes. Skeet - full chokes, 2 of each and every application of shooting is covered.
If the gun fits you, you will never be sorry you purchased it.