Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Dove Hunt pic

Old 09-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Spike

Well, being out there and having a good time with my boys is worth it. I have had these shells for about two years now. My brother in law gave me a few cases of No.8 and I still have about 4 boxes left. I am sure it will be painful once they run out. Prices are crazy nowadays. I need to practice on being a better shot so I don't waste ammo.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

I usually buy the federal or winchester 7 1/2 shot, a case is about $24 at Walmart. I shoot the low brass rounds for doves, quail and squirrel. I save the high brass for the pheasants and grouse.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:25 PM
Fork Horn

went out today and got 15....it was a good day lol
Old 09-18-2009, 04:32 PM
Banned

How many shots did you use?
Old 09-19-2009, 01:05 PM
Fork Horn

about a box and a 1/4th so about 30 shots...
Old 09-29-2009, 03:52 AM
Spike

Really nice pic of the youngsters there. This was the first year for my oldest. He is 6. I have taken him out twice with me now and he flat out loves it. Anyway, good pic.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:27 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by panch0
It is alot of fun. My boys had a great time and so did my buds from work. Dove is tasty if prepped right at least in my opinion. It has a kind of gamy liver taste to it. But marinade for 24 hours in italian dressing, add a slice of jalpeno and a piece of cream cheese in between two breasts and then wrap in maple bacon and let me tell you thats some good eating. An Ice cold Lone Star Beer will wash it down just fine.
best recipe on the planet! Especially with the lonestar! im going this evening if it quits raining, then im guiding a group this wkend in hondo. how are the birds flying down south?