Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

1st time dove hunting

Old 09-03-2008, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 1st time dove hunting

Congrats on the bird brother, I have been hunting them things since I was a kid. I pretty much gave up hunting with a gun except for them dove, your right it is a lot of fun. Where I hunt them they are like pesky bugs and that gets real fun realfast.Every year we always have a big cook out towards the end of season and them little birds are killer on the grill with a little jalapeno's and some bacon....Good luck in the future
Old 09-03-2008, 10:56 AM
8mm
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: TexasBowHunter

Congrats on the bird brother, I have been hunting them things since I was a kid. I pretty much gave up hunting with a gun except for them dove, your right it is a lot of fun. Where I hunt them they are like pesky bugs and that gets real fun realfast.Every year we always have a big cook out towards the end of season and them little birds are killer on the grill with a little jalapeno's and some bacon....Good luck in the future
Your the 2nd person that said to cook them on the grill with som bacon guess i am going to have to try it
Old 09-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: 8mm

ORIGINAL: TexasBowHunter

Your the 2nd person that said to cook them on the grill with som bacon guess i am going to have to try it
Im 3rd
Wrap each breast in a piece of bacon. Then place a toothpick throuhg the breast to hold the bacon. If you like jalapenos then put a chunk in between the bacon and breast

ps Im trying to find you some more teammates
Old 09-04-2008, 05:56 PM

i went for my first time ever also
Old 09-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Hunter20084

i went for my first time ever also
how did you do?