HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Upland Bird Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/upland-bird-hunting-8/)
-   -   Upland Contest Teams and Scoring Sheet (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/upland-bird-hunting/260765-upland-contest-teams-scoring-sheet.html)

Icetrey 09-17-2008 03:52 PM

RE: Upland Contest Teams and Scoring Sheet

UPDATED

remington_girl 09-17-2008 07:47 PM

Go team 7! ;)

mongorunner 09-20-2008 08:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Icetrey

Yu gotta be, mongo
Its tough, 5 days without power and it'll probly be at least a few more!

BTW, since the opener, September 1, Ive killed close to 60 doves but only have a disposable camera. Well, that really dont matter when you leave it at home...:D

haha, no cell phone pictures? i keep meaning to get out there and shoot some to get the team up on the scoreboard, but i end up shooting my bow instead[8D]

Icetrey 09-21-2008 02:32 PM

mongo, Ive got a digital camera phone, but it does not have a memory card slot and they want like $40 extra a month for internet. So I cant upload from phone.

DTC 09-22-2008 07:50 PM

Finally getting around to posting my limit of doves. We worked up a field tonight and will put out wheat tomorrow so I mght get to shoot ata few more doves.

SDarcher 10-02-2008 08:04 AM

Pheasant opener is only 16 days away, then I'll start bringin in some points, hopefully almost daily

npaden 10-02-2008 10:56 AM

Sorry that I haven't been building up some more points for the team SDarcher, I did get my elk in Wyoming last week but my dove hunting sure has suffered! :D

Think I could get this one to count for 5 points? How about 10? It is a 5x5! ;)

I was going to try and enter it into the deer contest but I don't think they will take it there either! [&:]

SDarcher 10-06-2008 10:28 PM

Nice elk! I'd say that should be worth at least 10 points! Don't worry bout the team, we got plenty of time to add to that. I usually don't hunt much dove anyway. I did shoot 2 out in the yard a few weeks ago, but thats about the extent of my dove hunting. Pheasant hunting though is a different story, less than 2 weeks to go!

Congrats again on the elk!

skybuster20ga 10-09-2008 05:51 PM

here are three woodcock for our team if you could add them up plz. thanks! if you need a better pic let me know. this one just shows the pure appreciation and satisfaction towards my dog
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/skybuster20/Pictures022.jpg

npaden 10-09-2008 07:47 PM

Finally got to go out tonight after work. Should have had a bunch more but I'm missing more than I'm hitting!

The picture is pretty grainy but I thought it was appropriate to take the picture where I shot most of them at the pond near our house.
My dog is busy trying to catch koi in the pond but to my knowledge she has never been successful.
You can also see a mojo dove decoy that I usein the background.

Add 7 for our team.

skybuster20ga 10-10-2008 04:33 PM

anyone else think that doves should be in a class of their own?? or is it just me. i mean they are easy to hit, you can shoot a pile of them and most of us dont even have a season

mongorunner 10-11-2008 07:26 AM

ORIGINAL: skybuster20ga

anyone else think that doves should be in a class of their own?? or is it just me. i mean they are easy to hit, you can shoot a pile of them and most of us dont even have a season

naw, dove are a fun bird and should be added...

nice birds BTW, got us some points *high five*

Icetrey 10-11-2008 01:32 PM

UPDATED

npaden 10-12-2008 10:52 PM

Went out for a bit tonight but it was spitting rain and the wind was blowing and the birds weren't flying much and weren't very interested in my pond so I only ended up with 3.

skybuster20ga 10-13-2008 05:15 PM

me too! lol i need another update

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/skybuster20/Pictures028.jpg

mongorunner 10-14-2008 05:37 PM

sky you're making me jealous... i can't wait til december and pheasant season opens up. what kind of pheasant is that in the middle? too dark to be a ringneck... good lookin dog you have, and the truck is a nice choice also!;):D

mongorunner 10-14-2008 05:39 PM

ORIGINAL: npaden

Went out for a bit tonight but it was spitting rain and the wind was blowing and the birds weren't flying much and weren't very interested in my pond so I only ended up with 3.

looks more like two and a half to me

skybuster20ga 10-14-2008 06:29 PM

thanks mongo!

the one in the middle is a ringneck but its an all green ringer. theres a fe around. my broither shot one last wed. as well. i would have it mounted but the #5's cleaned his head off pretty well.

Icetrey 10-14-2008 06:47 PM

UPDATED,

Yesterday but forgot to let yall know...

skybuster20ga 10-14-2008 06:56 PM

no worries friend i was only being wise about the update lol hopefull w/ any luck ill get a few more tomarrow night i could use a little help from rimjob and mongo!!!! j/k guys lol

mongorunner 10-14-2008 07:02 PM

no worries friend i was only being wise about the update lol hopefull w/ any luck ill get a few more tomarrow night i could use a little help from rimjob and mongo!!!! j/k guys lol

:eek:

mongorunner 10-14-2008 07:08 PM

thanks mongo!

the one in the middle is a ringneck but its an all green ringer. theres a fe around. my broither shot one last wed. as well. i would have it mounted but the #5's cleaned his head off pretty well.
yea he's really dark green...

just wait until we get the season rolling around here... the points should be rollin in then:D

here's a pic from the season opener from last year

skybuster20ga 10-15-2008 12:10 PM

lmao i was just kiddin buddy. i cant wait eiother. you guys have more liberal bag limits and more birds then we have i magine. im sure you'll more thehn pull your weight. im headed out now to try to get a couple more

skybuster20ga 10-15-2008 03:59 PM

8 more pts for us today

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/skybuster20/Pictures033.jpg

mongorunner 10-15-2008 05:17 PM

your dog is lovin it!:)

skybuster20ga 10-15-2008 05:56 PM

she would love it even more if we could go for more then an hour at a time

mongorunner 10-15-2008 07:39 PM

she would love it even more if we could go for more then an hour at a time
haha poor girl

i need to find a kennel up here in OK to keep my girls (chlt and ylw labs) because i can't keep em where im stayin. this is going to be my yellow labs first season, lets hope she gets the hang of it quick!

what kind of land do you hunt, have any pics of it? we don't have trees out here... so I'd like to see how it looks up there.

skybuster20ga 10-16-2008 06:44 PM

ill take some for ya! its thick!!!! when you picture maines big woods and vast tangled wilderness, thats what we hunt. your gun better be goin off the same time as it butt hits your shoulder or you can kiss that bird buhbye lol the pheasants are in nasty water bushes. i have to wear 18" boots to hunt them buggers

mongorunner 10-17-2008 07:42 PM

ill take some for ya! its thick!!!! when you picture maines big woods and vast tangled wilderness, thats what we hunt. your gun better be goin off the same time as it butt hits your shoulder or you can kiss that bird buhbye lol the pheasants are in nasty water bushes. i have to wear 18" boots to hunt them buggers

sounds interesting... sounds like we need to swap a hunt !:D

skybuster20ga 10-18-2008 12:14 PM

i got three more birds today. ill post some pics later......i might go out tonight anyays and try to get a couple more maybe

skybuster20ga 10-18-2008 03:56 PM

here the three from today. two woodcock and a ruffed grouse

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/skybuster20/Pictures050.jpg

npaden 10-19-2008 07:03 PM

Things are finally happening around here. Too bad there is only a week of dove season left. I should get to hunt several evenings this week. Maybe I'll limit out a few more times.

Got my limit of 15 ina couple hourstonight.

Icetrey 10-19-2008 07:27 PM

UPDATED! As well as the leaderboard updated!

NEW LEAD SHOOTER, npaden!!!!!!!

SDarcher 10-20-2008 07:26 AM

Saturdays limit with my dog Maggie in the background

SDarcher 10-20-2008 07:27 AM

and 3 more on Sunday

Icetrey 10-20-2008 12:31 PM

UPDATED!!!

Team 5 catchin up!

Icetrey 10-20-2008 12:37 PM

Contest Update:

The contest will end January 4, 2009. This is subject to change, if you have a season that runs past January 4 please PM me and I will change it. Also if anyone feels a different species of bird needs to be added to the points list, please inform me and I willadd the bird.

GOOD LUCK

Edcyclopedia 10-20-2008 01:54 PM

I hope posting here is correct??...
I'm the vertically challenged one in the middle!;)
1 woodcock

Edcyclopedia 10-20-2008 01:57 PM

2 woodcock

Edcyclopedia 10-20-2008 01:58 PM

1 Ruffed Grouse