Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
 Im 17 yr old GIRL! I just started hunting and I have been practicing goose calling! .. >

Im 17 yr old GIRL! I just started hunting and I have been practicing goose calling! ..

Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Im 17 yr old GIRL! I just started hunting and I have been practicing goose calling! ..

Old 03-18-2008, 02:09 PM

Default Im 17 yr old GIRL! I just started hunting and I have been practicing goose calling! ..

Im from Kansas and my boyfriend is a big goosehunter and pretty good goosecaller, were both just 17. Hes a member of a non profit organization that they just started here called Xtreme Foul, They had there first banquet in march and it turned out great, their goal is to give young kids the opritunity to go out and HUNT! And to promote better habitats, i dont remeber the whole mission statement. My boyfriend is wanting to enter calling contests and wants hunting to be his career and im 100% right next to him! I just started out goose calling and went hunting for pheasent two times, it was the first time i had ever shot a gun and i shot one!And my second time i shot two! Now I got a German shorthair pointer mix named bo and i cant wait to hunt with him! I know there is alot of people that have learned alot and are really experienced in all this! I would just like a few pointers to lead me into the right direction into my new hunting lifestyle!
Old 03-18-2008, 10:53 PM

Default RE: Im 17 yr old GIRL! I just started hunting and I have been practicing goose calling! ..

Welcome to the board!
Old 03-19-2008, 04:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Im 17 yr old GIRL! I just started hunting and I have been practicing goose calling! ..

Where in Kansas is this at?
Old 03-19-2008, 09:38 AM

Thanx, in garden city, ks, ic you go turkey hunting what all do you need to go turkey hunting cause i really want to go!
Old 03-19-2008, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey, nice to see more women on the board!

Old 03-19-2008, 10:00 AM

Yup! Nice for me to finally see one on here!! lol
Old 03-19-2008, 10:47 AM

Welcome! We chase pheasant north of Dodge as well as south of you near Satanta every year. Coming in two weeks to get my boys on turkies near Hutch as well.

Tell your boyfriend good luck with his ventures... Tell him to talk with Mike Christenson at Outdoor Mentors (http://www.outdoormentors.org/) or Mike Miller with Hooked for Life (http://www.hookedforlife.org/index.php?page_id=21), they're both in KS and doing things similar to what he's starting.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:20 AM

oh how cool! Im not gna tell you my huntin spot lol but its around here lol Ive been wanting to try and go turkey hunting it sounds like a lot of fun, i love blowin on the turkey calls they sounds so cool lol
Old 03-19-2008, 11:22 AM

Ill be sure to jot down these names and websites and let my boyfriend thanks
Old 03-28-2008, 10:37 AM
Typical Buck

Welcome to HNI! it's nice to see more females getting into hunting.

if you go to the sporting dog forum i'm sure they can help you get Bo trained (if he needs it).
(btw i'm 17 as well) you ought to check out the youth forum some time. we have some fun things going on in there usually

Quick Reply: Im 17 yr old GIRL! I just started hunting and I have been practicing goose calling! ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.