Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Feild Dressing birds

Old 05-19-2003, 10:29 PM

Default RE: Feild Dressing birds

I stand by what I stated. I do not field dress the birds but clean the birds at camp or home. I do understand when hunting in another state or even in your home state if transporting game enough of the bird either leg or head or wing depending on state or if migratory needs to be left on. The question was pertaining to field dressing or cleaning of birds one could assume the bird needed to be transported as well as one could assume it was going to be ate. Drgildy if you are from SD I would suggest checking on your game laws, most state including SD wanton waiste laws were inacted to keep animals from being shot and just left. So by breasting out a bird for consumption at camp or home where you are not going to be transporting it is indeed legal in most state including yours SD.