Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

gun question

Old 10-28-2007, 07:46 AM
Typical Buck

Default gun question

I have made a few posts on the gun section of these forums, but are not getting a lot of responses, so I figured yall might help.

I am looking to buy a shotgun for shooting skeet, birds, ducks, and turkey. I realize I can change chokes to accomodate these different hunting scenarios. I like the idea of a semi-auto, but would not be opposed to a pump. My budget is tight, but I want a quality gun. Let me know what guns you think would be good for the price. I would like a wood stocked gun, and am left handed if that helps or makes a difference.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:53 PM

Default RE: gun question

I don't know about left handed options, but I own several shotguns. My only auto is no longer in production, so I can't help you there. I will say that I love my Remington 870, though.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:04 PM

Can't help you with lefthanded options but i'd go with a Mossberg 500 or Remington 870. Also my dad owns a Pardner Pump and he absolutely loves it. Also a Maverick 88 is also an option with a tight budget. Maverick is basically the same as a 500 and the barrels and choke tubes are interchangeable. I don't understand why so many people feel they HAVE to have a semi-auto, i know in ohio for ducks, geese, doves, pheasant and turkey we can only have 2 rounds in the magazine and 1 in the chamber so i don't see the need for a semi-auto, your just going to be paying a ton more for it but thats jmho
Old 10-28-2007, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

870.....870.....870. Been using one for 40 years. Never failed me. I am a lefty also. I never even notice if the shells are ejecting across my face. I just got used to it a long time ago. A lot of folks now ask me if I am using an auto as my shots are so close together. I don`t even know I`ve pumped the shotgun as it just comes second nature to me now.

Ron
Old 10-29-2007, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love my Rem 870 - solid gun for the money. I also have a Winchester Super x2 (which is a semi) which is also a great gun. I've had that semi out in some real nasty weather/conditions and never had any problems with it....
Old 10-30-2007, 08:06 AM

i would deffinitly go with the 870
Old 10-30-2007, 12:49 PM

I have a Beretta 390 and they are now making the 3901 which is the same gun in a newer model. Its an auto and you can get the 390 for about $550 or less as they are no longer producing them and some gun stores (Wal-Mart included) are getting rid of the older model. Great gun I have duck and goose hunted with it for 2 years and just got back from dove hunting and it did great. It works well on skeet and the gas system really does make a difference. I've put probably 20 cases of shells through it without problems. Good gun for a good price.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:53 AM

I dont know which of the activities are your favorites, but if Skeet or any type of clay shooting is at the top I would stick to a Semi Auto. Pumps can obviously be used for the sports, but Semi Autos are always a better choice for targets
Old 11-02-2007, 12:58 PM

I would advise you to go and get a Browning Semi-auto 5 Its an all around good gun but i dont no about left handed. You could always get a Rem. 870 I have one and i shoot alot of birds with it it's a really good gun.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bassfisherman711

I have made a few posts on the gun section of these forums, but are not getting a lot of responses, so I figured yall might help.

I am looking to buy a shotgun for shooting skeet, birds, ducks, and turkey. I realize I can change chokes to accomodate these different hunting scenarios. I like the idea of a semi-auto, but would not be opposed to a pump. My budget is tight, but I want a quality gun. Let me know what guns you think would be good for the price. I would like a wood stocked gun, and am left handed if that helps or makes a difference.
sproule to rescue.........

their is only 1 gun to get.
BERETTA 391 URICKA FIELD,12 ga,28 inch barrel.
price is from 850/1000..
remember, what do we all pay for car, 25,000.
whats it worth after 3 years, 8,000.

beretta will be worth every penny you pay for it, 10,20,30 40 yrs from now.

go to our site,shotgunworld and put BERETTA in search and you can read all about the uricks field..

best gun ,hands down you will ever own for money you pay, no kick, real light..

www.shotgunworld.com

Quick Reply: gun question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.