Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
 Search Wild Quail Hunting Location SE Kansas >

Search Wild Quail Hunting Location SE Kansas

Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Search Wild Quail Hunting Location SE Kansas

Old 06-13-2007, 07:58 PM
Spike

Default Search Wild Quail Hunting Location SE Kansas

Does anyone have any personal recommendations for a quality WILD QUAIL hunting outfitter or farm in SE Kansas for fall 2007. We do not want to hunt liberated birds and would prefer a location with lodging, guide and dogs. I have a couple of possible locations from an in-depth internet search, but I don't think you can find a better soure of information then a satisfied hunter/customer who is willing to vouch for a particular guide. Looking for 4 nights with 3 days hunting, guide and his dogs. I would very much appreciate any help and I thank you in advance for your kind attention to this request. /s/ Muskethead.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:42 PM

Default RE: Search Wild Quail Hunting Location SE Kansas

It Depends on mainly on how much rain they get this year. If the Quail hunting will be any good. Last year Texas had a real bad year. The Good Outfitters did not book hunts. Some of them released birds and called them wild, while others shot the wild birds out of exsitance.
Last year i missed going to Texas hunting and working dogs for the first time in 7 yrs.
Instead my group and i went to Oregon and had a blast on the Valley Quail. I wouldn't call it a covey it was like 100s of them getting up all around you and the dogs.
My Male was humping the air on point. he was trying to say
" There is so many F*#$ Birds! i can't count them"
We are going back again this year but just for 2 days in Late Oct. then it is off somewere for Pheasant for 2 days
(having agood friendwith a Gulf Stream is Great)Hopefully somewere in Nebraska or NW Kansas
Can't take allot of time off during my Season

Old 06-21-2007, 07:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Search Wild Quail Hunting Location SE Kansas

Probably not exactly what your looking for because its located in Southwest Kansas but Sagebrush Hunts offers wild bird hunts for Bobwhite Quail, Blue Quail and Pheasant. Check out www.sagebrushhunts.com for more info.