Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
Illinios Upland Championship Series >

Illinios Upland Championship Series

Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Illinios Upland Championship Series

Old 12-20-2002, 07:01 AM

Default Illinios Upland Championship Series

Hello,

Has anyone ever competed in the Illinois Upland Champioship series? I have signed up in the puppy division, and I was wondering what the event is like and what I should expect. EJ
Old 12-20-2002, 01:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Illinios Upland Championship Series

Ej I've not competed yet but I want to next yr probably in the puppy div. as well have you looked at there web site. The mid statre reginal at rooster heaven in forrest ILL is only about 20 min from my house sounds like alot of fun

Old 12-21-2002, 11:51 AM

They are fun! I went to one in Iowa two years ago with my female Chesapeake and had a great time. It is kind of nerve racking though. We were in second place at the end of Saturday, with a score of 208 and ended up 7th over all. The second day had birds flying into our field from the other fields, which really affected our outcome. In other words, get your best score the first day. This was the only one I've been to, but I do want to go again.

Good luck!

Old 12-24-2002, 06:48 AM

I have signed up to compete in the North Regional held at the coon creek hunting club in Garden Prarie Illinois, on the 5th of Januray. It should be a really fun weekend. My father will be my hunting partner as the puppy division allows two hunters and a dog in the field. I have read through the rules and its seems like it will be a good time. That, and it will give my GSP some confidence in finding birds. The reason I say that is the two times I have take him out to the field the roosters have outwitted us. On that note, does anyone have any ideas on late season pheasants...
-EJ
Old 12-25-2002, 12:49 AM
Fork Horn

I plan on putting on several National Bird Dog Challenge events this summer in South Dakota and these should be fun.

February 2003 = tired and Re-tired cop
Old 12-30-2002, 05:24 PM

I have not competed in that exact one, but there is another organization that is very similair. NAGDA ( north american gun dog association) which is out west ( Colorado, nebraska, kansas, etc.) These competitions are very exciting and worth while. Hey, the worst that could happen is you spend a day in the field hunting birds with your dog. Not bad if you ask me.
Old 12-31-2002, 07:14 AM

TYLEETESS, I would have to agree with your comment that its not a bad day in the field hunting birds. I will have to say that I am a bit nervous about this weekends upcoming competition. The illinois upland series has offered a 2 run deal for the price of 1. So that means more birds, (keeping my fingers crossed). Once the competition is over I will post another entery and let everyone know how I did or didnt do. HAPPY NEW YEAR and good luck afeild.

EJ
Old 01-11-2003, 05:27 AM
Fork Horn

EJ I was on the series web site last nite and saw your finish spot in the standings how was it

Old 01-13-2003, 09:22 AM

Hoss,

I had a great time at the reginonal, My pop and I did alright. I think we might have jumped the gun a little bit. As our new dog needs work on range control ect, we/I need lessons in dog handling. I think next year after a summer of training and hoaning our skills we might do a bit better. I will recommend that if anyone wants to compete they should. The only draw back its a little on the $$ side of things. 125.00 for a run of 25 minutes. That would be my only comment to make. Like I said, it was an amazing time. There was a lot of great dog work and plenty of birds flying all over the place.

EJ
Old 01-21-2003, 06:59 AM

I competed this weekend and had a blast. If I was as good as my dog we would have finished right up there. Those 25 minutes sure do go by in a hurry.

Quick Reply: Illinios Upland Championship Series

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.