Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
 Millstream hunting preserve screwed kids. >

Millstream hunting preserve screwed kids.

Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Millstream hunting preserve screwed kids.

Old 03-24-2007, 05:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default Millstream hunting preserve screwed kids.

hello to everyone, i am 20 and just returned from millstream hunting preserve. First off let me explain the situation me and my farther decided to purchace a pheasant hunt forsome kidsand did so at the springfield sportsman show. We explained to the owner that we would be bringing 2 other children and we said it would be $398 with them giving us an additoinal 10 birds bc of a "show special". AND THE KIDS WERE FREE TO SHOOT AS LONG WE BOUGHT THE BIRDS!So we invited another freind that dosnt have the time or the money to bring out his child and brought my 12 year old brother along. Well we shot16 birds and then came to the billing part. The owner then handed us a bill for 728.00[:@]ANDDDDD SAID THAT THE 2 CHILDREN WERE ADDITONAL GUNS! and that he had put out 28 birds. we saw 18 birds and our dogs are pretty good (we go to Iowa every year and hunt wild pheasants SO PENDED ONES SHOULD BE PRETTY EASY!) The main part that PISSES me off is that he set us up asking us how many guns we had with us not HOW many children that had guns! WE DID THIS FOR THE KIDS TO HAVE FUN AND WE ENDED UP GETTIGN THE SHAFT HARD getting charged for 4 adults when the kids where suppose to be free if we bought the birds and hunted 2SO BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2007, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Millstream hunting preserve screwed kids.

BigBuck28,

That really stinks. You work hard trying to introduce kids to hunting and what you assume is a professional outfit puts the screws to you. I actually live in a town just outside of Springfield MA. I stopped attending the show several years ago as the show seemed to be shifting its focus towards any outfit that had the money to pay the booth fee. Unfortunately outfits like this give all outfits a bad name.

HH
Old 04-06-2007, 08:18 AM
Spike

I assume this outfit is in MA. Where are they located?
Old 04-07-2007, 10:05 AM

Sory, About your bad experience. That is why i have all inclusive pricing so that there are no suprises.
I encourage kids and young adults to hunt.
That is why i made the following rulesa few years ago
NO CHARGE FOR ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 12
1/2 Price ages 12 to 16 if carring a firearm
(wish to share a gun no charge)
All Minors must be accompanied by a Parent or Legal Guardian and must be closely supervised (no loaded firearms until time to shoot)

No one under the Age of 12 may carry a firearm other than a BB Gun
Old 04-07-2007, 11:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

That isn't right at all. Hopefully word will get out and no one will ever hunt there again
Old 04-07-2007, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

This BAD place(for choice of better words) is located in Marlborough CT. Yah the guy kind of screwd him self bc i want my Girlfreind to start hunting and she was saying she would lik to go some time and i would have def brought more kids out!! i could care less if i shoot anything i just want to work my dogs!!

Daleh- whats your policy on woman and where are you located?
Old 04-11-2007, 12:04 PM

SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE SHAFTING THERE BIGBUCK ,AT THE CLUB I BELONG TO , THEY RAISE THERE OWN BIRDS ABOUT 600 LAST YEAR IN A HUGE PEN THAT THEY HAVE ROOM TO FLY, ITS LIKE 18$ FOR NON-MEMBERS TO HUNT AND THATS A PRIVATE HUNT THE ONLY THING IS THAT KIDS HAVE TO HAVE A FID CARD BUT THEY CAN ALWAYS TAG ALONG
Old 04-12-2007, 04:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

The pheasant farm I have hunted is set up like Dale has execpt you need to buy a minnimum and kids hunt half price. No adults can carrie a gun while the kids are hunting though. I felt that was a good set up, here. I am sorry to here about you trip.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:02 AM
Fork Horn

I have gone to 3 Rivers wingshooting near Dexture ME, where is your place located at?
Old 04-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

The place I like to go is in Greenbush, just across the river from Old Town. It is called Cedar Ridge Pheasant Farm they have chuckers as well. New this year is a half day hunt and fishing trip on the Penobscot river. That sounds like a great way to spend a day but, I am not sure of the price with a fishing trip included. That is something completely new that they are planning on. If you want more info let me know and I will PM you the web page address.

Quick Reply: Millstream hunting preserve screwed kids.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.