Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Fake Pheasant....

Old 01-04-2007, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fake Pheasant....

Same with MI, but they use the deer alot. Get people everyday.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:42 PM

The fact that he was ground swatting pheasants was what got his arse in a sling. Had he walked over to the rooster to FLUSH it so he could shoot it on the wing he would have saw it was a fake. No shot - no Conservation Officers.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:00 AM
Spike

Here in SD it's legal to shoot from the road right of way so we don't need to worry about this little trick.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Here in Maine you cannot shoot from any tar road at all. On the dirt roads you can but, still have to be out of your vehicle. They will do that here to with grouse instead of pheasants. They normally catch a few guys shooting at them.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow... a mechanical pheasant. Never heard of that one. And I agree $150 is ridiculous. It should be 10X that, regardless of the animal or gamebird.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:23 AM

$150 isnt worth the time the Game Commission put into all the decoys they have. Pheasants are so hard to find in PA unless you get a tip on where they are stocking them that its useles to even try to hunt them in PA.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:30 AM

ORIGINAL: SPIKEHORN11

You have to be 25 yards from the road in PA. In NY you just can't shoot over the road.
You are incorrect, and should check your information Spikehorn. You are not permitted to discharge a weapon within 500 feet of a road or dwelling...look in your hunting regulations book and you will see it pretty clearly stated.
Watchthe information you give...you could get someone in a lot of trouble with that there info.[&:]
Old 01-21-2007, 10:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Campo

You have to be 25 yards from the road in PA. In NY you just can't shoot over the road.
You are incorrect, and should check your information Spikehorn. You are not permitted to discharge a weapon within 500 feet of a road or dwelling...look in your hunting regulations book and you will see it pretty clearly stated.
Watchthe information you give...you could get someone in a lot of trouble with that there info.[&:]
If you look on page 8 of the PA hunting book you will see that he is right. It states you must be 25 yards for the traveled portion of the road!
Old 01-21-2007, 12:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: motrin

ORIGINAL: Campo

If you look on page 8 of the PA hunting book you will see that he is right. It states you must be 25 yards for the traveled portion of the road!
here in pa. the rule is twisted a lot..rule says ROADHUNTING IS ILLEGAL,then it says you most be 25 yards from road after jumping out of truck..

we have been told if you pull truck over you must walk 25 yards into woods before you can legally shoot..

now, you are allowed to walk the roads and hunt AS LONG as you are not shooting accross road,also if you are shooting accross road, you are allowed if you are high enough not to hit a vehicile etc..

some say just the act of roadhunting is illegal..gray area..

i wish they would put the grouse decoy out here in my area of pa..they would catch at least 3 or 4 hunters per day on grouse..on deer,at least 20 a day or more they would catch shooting out window..

i thought a guy shot at my dog the other day from his vehicile but he was shooting at grouse that my dog put out..i yelled and he waved at me..

he also is on welfare,nothing bothers these people, nothing..
Old 01-22-2007, 08:31 AM

I would rather walk behind my dogs without a gun all day than shoot a bird on the ground.

Quick Reply: Fake Pheasant....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.