Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

[Deleted]

Old 11-05-2002, 04:24 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-06-2002, 05:33 PM

Default RE: Back from S. Dakota Pheasant Hunt

There are a lot of birds as long as the game farms in Wisconsin and Minnesota keep shipping them out here. I worked for the SD Highway Patrol for 15 years and we used to see the pheasants by the truck load coming during the shooting season. Some years there are a lot of wild birds also but the more stocked birds the less wild ones it seems. Glad you enjoyed though. in the 50s and early 60s there was no need to stock pheasnts. The soil bank lands were full of birds. The limits were 5 or 6 birds and you could fill with no problem any day of the season and pay hunting was not even heard of back then.
Old 11-07-2002, 11:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good to hear you had a good time!!! Good luck next year!
Old 11-22-2002, 05:14 PM

Sounds like a gas, There is nothing that I like more than the rush that comes from when a rooster flushes and you get a good hit and the bird folds in mid air. I really have to work for the birds here in Illinois, it also helps to have a good dog. Glad you had a good time cause thats what its all about!
Old 11-27-2002, 02:19 AM
Fork Horn

Well drgildy is right on the stocking thing. But the carry over helps stock the areas for the good years. That's how they got started here in the first place. Our hatchery was out of pheasants the first week and one fella wanted 6,000 birds ready to fly the second week of the season. Those 50's and early 60's was awsome as I was living in Aberdeen area at the time.

curt nulle