Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
 Anyone looking forward to Dove Hunting?? >

Anyone looking forward to Dove Hunting??

Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Anyone looking forward to Dove Hunting??

Old 07-17-2006, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone looking forward to Dove Hunting??

Dovehunting opens here in MO sept 1st and is what i consider the start of the fall hunting season. Besides shooting my bow I am working with my lab so she is ready to hunt. A good dove hunt on a hot sept afternoon with friends is hard to beat.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone looking forward to Dove Hunting??

i know it's coming but i'm not really looking forward to it persay. i did go out and shoot over a hundred shotgun shells at flying pieces of clay. so i'm getting ready for birds of some kind. i may very well go dove hunting but i don't have any plans yet.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

season opens sept 1st here in utah as well, I cant wait. But it always seems that come august 28th the doves look at the calender, and leave
Old 07-18-2006, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

This seems to be a bumper year for doves in missouri. I have been seeing them everywhere I just hope they stick around for a couple of weeks. I plant sunflowerson one of my farms just for them.

good luck to everyone!
Old 07-19-2006, 01:23 PM
Fork Horn

I'm really looking forward to dove season. It it Sept. 1st here in Wisconsin as well. Should be August 1st when they are plentiful and haven't flown down to Illinois yet.

Have a few knew spots on the ranch that I have been seeing tons of birds. Now if I only could shoot better this year and hit a few dozen in a season.

-Mathewsconquest2
Old 07-19-2006, 10:18 PM

Use to count the days till it got here, but the last few years the birds havnt really been around so im not that fired up. Plus the place i use to hunt has had a lot of drama the last few years with @$$ holes sneaking on and the owner doesnt allow any hunting anymore. O well.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:54 AM

I CAN ALMOST TASTE THEM ALREADY[8D]. THERE IS NOTHING LIKE A NICE NIGHT DOVE BLAST TO START OFF THE HUNTING SEASON. THEY ARE A NICE PRACTICE FOR THE REAL HUNTINGTHAT STARTS INNOV.

PS- REMEMBER TO SHOOT BEFORE THEY LAND!!!
Old 07-20-2006, 01:23 PM

I can't wait until dove season. I make the draive from N. Illinois all the way down to Seikston Mo. for an annual dove hunt. It is a great way forus to kick off the hunting season. Kill a limit of doves in the morning, do a nice dove fry in he afternoon, and hit a local wattering hole at night.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:13 PM
Spike

Can't wait!!! Dove season in NC opens at noon on the first day... we always have a gang together to cook for lunch and swap stories before we hit the field. Afterwards we usually will charcoal grill some of our "fresh" dove... breast wrapped in slice of bacon with a piece of jalapeno...

Those are good times!
Old 07-25-2006, 07:19 AM
Typical Buck

September 1st in Oklahoma is a bad day for the Dove around our farms. This year it falls on a Friday which means 4 days of dove hunting!!!

Quick Reply: Anyone looking forward to Dove Hunting??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.