Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

What A Day!!

Old 12-17-2005, 03:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default What A Day!!

Today was my first time going upland hunting for pheasents. Down here in souther IL there is not pheasents, so we are limited to controlled hunts, but they still fly. I had so much fun doing this. I talked to a couple of guys that had some Brittney dogs. Im thinking about looking around for one and taking up bird hunting now. Anybody have any reasons not to get a Brit? Well anyway, I just wish pheasents lived down here.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:18 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What A Day!!

I wish we had wild pheasants down here too! Where did you hunt at?? I used to do the controlled hunts at Rend Lake a lot but the past couple of years I have been running into hunters that I don't care to hunt near...I'll leave it at that.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:17 PM
Fork Horn

I hunted at Eldon Hazlet, its right on Carlyle Lake. All the guys there seemed like good ol' boys and we had no problems.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:22 AM

I own a Brit and really enjoy her. I've taken her out to Iowa and hunt her at game farms, public and private land in the Southern part of Wisconsin. She's not much of a lap dog so don't be expecting that. If you need a line on some very good breaders in your area let me know.

Old 12-29-2005, 08:24 PM

reasons not to get a Britt: Vizslas, GSP'S, English Setters, English Pointers, GWP's, Griffon's, Gordon Setters, Munsterlanders,Spinone's, J/K. Britt's are fine dogs!
It can be mind boggling decideing which breed of hunting dog one should get, there's just too many fine breeds, wish I could have one of each!