Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Iowa Pheasants

Old 10-31-2005, 07:59 AM

Default Iowa Pheasants

To all of the Iowa Pheasant hunters. How did your opener go?
Old 11-01-2005, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Iowa Pheasants

i was too lazy to go. hopefully i can take my dog out this weekend. i been seeing a lot of them around

Old 11-01-2005, 07:56 PM

ONly hunted one public site. Our group of 4 got 4 birds, but actually saw more birds in those 2 hours than I saw all last year.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:17 PM

I was only able to go out for 3 hours on Saturday morning due to other obligations. There were 3 of us, two dogs, we shot 5 birds between us were unable to find one back and the other was missing feathers on it's sides and looked very sickly so we went ahead and left it lay there. I hope to get out in the next morning or two and see what I can come up with just me and the dog.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:42 PM

Went out opener sat and only got one, went out again Sun and got 2 more. Didn't see too many both days due to there still being some corn out in the fields which most are hiding in, and they are sitting so tight that I almost step on them before they fly off. Once all the corn is out of the fields and about 4 inches of snow is on the ground, there shouldn't be any problem shooting the limit in several hours.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:43 AM

Heard different stories of groups of hunting companions that were hunting throughout the state on the opener. Sounds like the Williamsburg area was very productive. Group of ten...all of them got their limit before noon.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:02 AM

I'm going to the Sioux City area this coming weekend and any information that anybody has on good spots would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:46 AM

Im in the military and came home for the first opener in five years and was surprised to see so many non-residents and honestly was a little upset at first untill I realized the whole picture. AsI went to some of the old farms I used to frequent, I noticed a big decline in some of the cover I usedto hunt and being an outdoorsman, I then realized that it is the money Iowa receives from non-resident fees that help preserve some of the most precious habitat Iowa has to offer. So a big thanks to everyone who came to Iowa and happy hunting to every bird hunter out there this year.By the way, the three days me and my long time hunting buddy went out, our group got 10 birds. Cant wait to go home in another week or so.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:52 PM

Went with a group of 6 and had out limit in less then 3 hours on saturday then sunday it rained in the morning but 3 of us went out and limited out in 20 min. so i figured that was pretty good.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:39 AM

ORIGINAL: 700bdl870exp

Went with a group of 6 and had out limit in less then 3 hours on saturday then sunday it rained in the morning but 3 of us went out and limited out in 20 min. so i figured that was pretty good.
well Rub it in why don't ya!!! LOL no really great to hear such good hunting conditions in our state!

Quick Reply: Iowa Pheasants

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.