Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

F

Old 05-05-2005, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default F

Y
Old 05-05-2005, 06:11 PM

Default RE: FYI cell phone users

thanks, a friend of mine told me about that, and I kept forgetting, thanks for the reminder!
Old 05-05-2005, 06:17 PM

ALSO..... dont forget to sign up for your state no-call list
Old 05-05-2005, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the note. I'll get on there tonight and put my number in.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

ahhhh thats wonderful.......thats total BS.......these days why do they even have telemarketers.....caller ID and such things now.....its a waste....back in teh day....sure they could sucker people in.....but now they dont have much of a prayer of people even picking up......and if i do pick up i crap on them and make them feel really dumb.....thats like....disturbing the peace to me..calling me at any time they want tryin to sell me somethin.....they should be arrested for such things........send out flyers in the mail.....go door to door....but for god sakes......dont call me at 8am.....or 5pm while im having dinner.....that would be a pooooooopy job....imagine what them people have to hear every day lol.....you know alot of people let them have it.....i know i went off on a few......who calls at 8am? who calls during dinner hours? you tell them your busy....your not interested...adn they keep on you........mannnnnnnnnnn
Old 05-06-2005, 02:38 PM
Fork Horn

The cell phone release rummor is a hoax. Like most hoaxes there is some fax and some fiction to it. The fact is that you can register your number on the do not call list and it is probably a good idea to do so. The hoax is not there is NOT and will not be any general release of cell phone numbers to telemarketers. This probably started with the announcement that some cell phone companies are forming a directory assistance group and turning over numbers to that entity. No one will have access to the entity but you would be able to call directory assistance (for a fee of course) give a name and be given that persons cell phone number.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:22 PM

You should go to:

[link]http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp[/link]

and read the whole story before you decide to register on donotcall, or not (there is no deadline). My first paranoia was that the link might have put me to a website collecting cell phone numbers. (It does not.) However, I checked with snopes to be sure.

If I read the snopes article correctly, USA Today maintains that it is illegal for telemarketers to call cell phones for their telemarketing. So I doubt that telemarketers would start calling cell phones, even if they did have access to the numbers, which apparently will not be released on May 26th as claimed. (Sorry, johnch.)

By the way, for all those urban legends and e-mails you get about stuff like a passage from the Koran about the eagle, or telemarketing to cell phones, etc., check 'em out at snopes.com. Most of that (unbelievable, but "true-sounding") stuff is just crap, but it is nice to have a site where the folks really report on what is true and what is not, accurately and with detail, and reliably. When you get something out of the ordinary that sounds true and you want to share with everyone, take a minute and "snopes it out" before you join in spreading some fiction or false rumor, even if you got the story from your best and most reliable friend!!

Bookmark:

[link]http://www.snopes.com/[/link]