Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Aluminum calls

Old 05-06-2005, 09:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Aluminum calls

HS BlackMagic. Especially if it's one of the older ones. I use a Rosewood striker. It is my favorite call(Ace in the Hole). I also have an older K&H aluminum call but it has a higher pitch than the Black Magic.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had an Aluminator from MAD Calls since they came out with it in 1996, had to replace it in 2003 becasue i wore the first one out. It has called in countless toms over the years. I cant tell you how many times a friend was using another call to get a shock gobble and we heard nothing, I would get out the Aluminator and sure enough a tom would answer it. Just last week I was calling in a bird for a friend with my Rohm Brothers Box call, the bird was working good and coming in but i wanted him a little more excited. I switched to the aluminator and he went from gobbling once or twice every minute to double and triple gobbling nonstop, we killed him five minutes later.

The bottom line is the that a good aluminum call matched with a hickory or maple striker will get more gobblers to answer you, especially with loud cutts and excited yelps.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:21 PM

I love mine i would say get one
Old 05-07-2005, 06:05 AM
Fork Horn

I have been using a MAD Super Aluminator since 1997, and love it. I have called in numerous turkeys with it. I did pick up a couple of new calls this year though that I think sound just as good. The Primos Crystal Freak and the MAD Heavy Metal. I carried all three calls this year and all three produced a gobbler for me or my hunting buddy.

Try one if you don't like it try something different. Trying new things is half the fun of turkey hunting for me.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sour,I really like the change of pitch/pace aluminum can give you!H.S's black magic oxidized aluminum surface does just that!The higher pitch cuts the wind and in many cases can produce a gobble when many other surfaces wont!Some gobblers like that higher tone and this call has proven successful in that area for me on a lot more than one occasion!!Run a good acrylic or rosewood stiker on it and she'll sing for yaHere ya go......
http://www.mackspw.com/item.asp-im-H...ck_Magic_Combo