Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Hate pulling the trigger >

Hate pulling the trigger

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Hate pulling the trigger

Old 05-03-2005, 06:24 PM

Default Hate pulling the trigger

Is it just me or does anyone else have a hard time pulling the trigger that first time while testing a new load?When im in the turkey woods in doesnt bother me the least but out in the yard here its a killer squeezing off that first shot.Man do 12 gauge turkey loads thump!!
Old 05-03-2005, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hate pulling the trigger

It not the first load that gets me. Usually it's that 9th shot or more, after my shoulder and face is all bruised up!!
Old 05-03-2005, 08:54 PM
c j
Typical Buck

Switch to a bow.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:19 AM

[>:]
Old 05-04-2005, 02:16 PM

ORIGINAL: eddie_v21

Is it just me or does anyone else have a hard time pulling the trigger that first time while testing a new load?When im in the turkey woods in doesnt bother me the least but out in the yard here its a killer squeezing off that first shot.Man do 12 gauge turkey loads thump!!
Thats when you say "oh its really cold today" and then wear a big thick coat for protection.lol Not that I have ever done that...
Old 05-04-2005, 02:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

i kinda like it....call me wierd....but i just love the raw power that something so small can pack......think about it.....its 3 inches long....and maybe an inch thick?? and it whacks you with 60 or 70 some odd pounds of force?? i love it....you know if its hitting you that hard.....imagine what the OTHER end is like.........i really dont mind getting the snot beat out of me once in a while........
Old 05-04-2005, 04:02 PM

I'm kinda like mauser06, I upgraded(?) from my 12 GA to 10 GA with 3.5 inch magnums. Fine for turkey hunting, would for sure not want to shoot all day with it
Old 05-06-2005, 12:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think it's all gun-specific. I have an 870 supermag 12, with a big recoil pad stuck on the back. I also have a 10 gauge chambered for 3.5" mags with no recoil pad.

I could shoot that 10 gauge all day, even with the turkey loads. Now my 870 with a 3.5" magnum will about knock your shoulder out of place.

My buddy has a SPS-T 3.5" 1187, and that thing wants to fly out of your hands when you fire it. The scope bashes you in the forehead, and the forearm jumps right out of your hands.

I don't know if it's the barrel harmonics or the design of the guns themselves, but I just can't see any rhyme or reason as to why these guns behave the way they do.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

After remembering what the 3" magnums did to my shoulder each year, I was more than a little leery of patterning my new Mossberg 835 Ulti mag with the 3 1/2" magnum shells.

I was pleasantly surprised though. It surely packs a punch, but they porting must be doing it's job because I put quite a few shells through there without any real problems. Never even felt it in the woods with either of my two gobblers this year!
Old 05-06-2005, 03:36 PM

you never fell it in the woods!! But as far as patterning goes.... I love waking up the next morning, a looking in the mirror at that big nasty yellow bruise on my sholder, that means turkey season is here!!

Quick Reply: Hate pulling the trigger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.