Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 How to tell if your Camoflauge is any good. >

How to tell if your Camoflauge is any good.

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

How to tell if your Camoflauge is any good.

Old 05-01-2005, 05:09 PM

Default How to tell if your Camoflauge is any good.

Heres how to tell if your camoflauge is good.

1. Lay down on ground.
2. Be completly still!
3. Wait for thr birds to land on you.

Was in Wyoming, Sneaking up on some deer seeing how close I could get before I roosted some turkeys. I got 40 yards from the deer on my stomach. I stopped poked up head to see if they were watching me, They wernt. So I went a little further and did it again. Just before I got my head up something landed on my leg. I jumped big time and looked back. A robin had landed on my leg. Scared the living crap outa me! As I scarred the robin....It pooped on my leg. Of course I jumped high enough the deer ran.

You then have good camoflauge!
(Real Tree Advantage)
Old 05-01-2005, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How to tell if your Camoflauge is any good.

thanks now i dont have to do it becuase i have advantage timber and do you have any hardwoods laying around you could test alos
Old 05-01-2005, 05:25 PM

Not any hardwoods Nope..Well I got Gloves....I cant fit in thos. My hands do tho[:-]
Old 05-01-2005, 05:27 PM

Had 3 hens walk within 4 to 5 yards of me. They looked at me and I thought they were going to putt and run---but they just went back to feeding. Gave me great confidence in my camo. I use the BassPro leafy suit in Realtree Hardwood Green.
Old 05-01-2005, 06:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

i look like a blob....vest one pattern.....face mask another....pants another....tiger strip boonie had......and woodland jacket....but guess what....i think it works great......had a jake not know what i was till i blinked......starred me down at 5yds or less.....looking into my eyes....trying to find that hen he heard........when i blinked he putted....but didnt run off...moved a few yards to the right behind some brush...but wasnt spooked completely.....
Old 05-01-2005, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

yesh i have one of those bass pro leafy suits and i had a hen looking at me from about 5 yards.
Old 05-01-2005, 07:15 PM

In my Advantage Ive had 2 hens 5 yards away pickin in front of me and my buddy while I was holding a video recorder. they looked but didnt care. Then the 2 tomes got in range and he got one. But in Wyoming I was 70+ yards from a hen going to lay an egg and I knew she was alone and I readjusted cuz my butt was falling asleep and I barley moved she saw it. She putted stoft and slowly left. The #1 thing to do in the woods is Trust Your Camo if you trust your camo you'll be ok!
Old 05-01-2005, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think all Camo will work if you sit still. But for me it's Mossy oak. That stuff was desined by real turkey hunter who cut there teeth on tuff Gobblers... I can't amagin bill jordan breaking a sweat on any hunt That guy wouldn't know how to act if he had to work for any of the game he harvested
Old 05-01-2005, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess ASAT is better than a combo of MOBU and Advantage Timber. My ASAT clad friend and I were sitting against the same tree on opening day, and a bird flew directly into him.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:21 PM

Turkeyhuter_15

That was a good story. I was glad to read that it was the robin that pooped on your leg. It was the robbin right?............

As far as camo goes, I wear what is on sale. But I like looks of mossey oak the best.

Quick Reply: How to tell if your Camoflauge is any good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.