HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   My season is over and notta.. again.. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/99046-my-season-over-notta-again.html)

XArmy55 05-01-2005 01:12 PM

My season is over and notta.. again..

Well, *sighs and hangs his head in shame* My season is over and for the 11th year in a row i got JACK SQUAT!!!! You know, you can only love something so much with out getting anything in return... I love to turkey hunt very much... But one can only do it so long without scoring before it starts to not be enjoyable anymore... I am about to quit all together... I spend lots on time and $$ for notta... $$ on not only eqpt, but $30 just in gas everytime i want to hunt... Plus the wife is not very happy about spending all the $$ on essentially nothing... Is it worth it all for 10 days out of the year??? I don't expect to get a kill every year... This past fall I didn't harvest a deer... That's to be expected now and then... But 11 years??? I don't know... BTW, I have gotten one before.. It's been 11 years since my last 1 (and only 1)...

Congtats to all who are successful this year... I am jealous...

fl.huntress 05-01-2005 02:08 PM

RE: My season is over and notta.. again..

wow that is a long time BUT just think how good it'll feel when you do get one....don't give up...it'll happen.

Turkey Addict 05-01-2005 02:45 PM

You can't say you didn't get nothing at all.... at least you got to be out there, seeing and hearing things that people that don't hunt never get to hear or see. That stuff is priceless in my book. I hope you never give it up.

Trapper_Hunter 05-01-2005 03:18 PM

This is my 2nd year and i havn't got nuttin.. But im keepin at it

DaveH 05-01-2005 06:06 PM

Don't give up. Things can take a sudden turn for the better very quickly and it'll be all the sweeter after the bad years.

Mr. Longbeard 05-01-2005 06:30 PM

11 years. Man that's pretty hard to swallow:eek: I really don't know what to tell ya[:o]

I hopeing this is a stupid ?. Do you see turkeys on your hunting ground???

XArmy55 05-01-2005 06:42 PM

LOL... yea, they are there on ocasion... Mainly when passing through..

mauser06 05-01-2005 06:47 PM

hmmmm id have to say your hunting in the wronnnnnng spot....spring time you should ATLEAST have birds gobbling on the roost which shouldnt be more then 300yds from you......if im not earshot of a bird i keep movin.....no sense in sittin there calling like a hen when there aint noone listenin!!!!!! keep hunting.....find a better spot...scout harder.....find where they roost......

Hunter06FlKy 05-01-2005 06:50 PM

yeah i kinda know how you feel, i've been turkey hunting for 6 years. i've had some really close calls but haven't gotten one yet either.

Mr. Longbeard 05-01-2005 07:24 PM

You might want to try and find some local turkey hunters that know there !@#$. And maybe pick there brains...