Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Stoeger Model 2000 Semi-Auto 12 Ga >

Stoeger Model 2000 Semi-Auto 12 Ga

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Stoeger Model 2000 Semi-Auto 12 Ga

Old 05-01-2005, 08:00 AM

Default Stoeger Model 2000 Semi-Auto 12 Ga

I just won a Stoeger model 2000 semi-auto, advadtage HD camo, at a WWA banquet last night, anyone have this gun, or have experiance with it?? Is it as reliable as my good ole Remington 870 super mag? How does it pattern? does the action ever get jammed up on it? Any feedback would be cool, as I am trying to figure out if I should just hang it on the wall, or if I should shoot it.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:00 AM
CJW

Default RE: Stoeger Model 2000 Semi-Auto 12 Ga

Believe me, if you don't want to shoot it you can just send it my way and I will hunt with it.

From what I've heard they are super guns. They use the same style inertia operation as the Benelli SBE. That's one hell of a gun to win.

Congrats!!!

CJW
Old 05-01-2005, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Excellent shotgun. I just took my first jake with it last weekend. I am having a little bit of patterning issues with it but I think I figured it out this weekend. I think I am going to need a slightly tighter choke.

One main advantage of it is that it will cycle the lighter loads. You will first have to fire 4 or 5 boxes of turkey loads through it.

Also it is built on the Benelli action. It uses inertia recoil. I have also noticed that it stays much cleaner than a gas recoil system. My barrel is a bit dirty but the action is spotless.

Like CJW said, send it my way if you want it to hang on the wall. I can send you a picture of it in the field instead.

Tom
Old 05-01-2005, 02:26 PM

ORIGINAL: BSTNFREEK

I just won a Stoeger model 2000 semi-auto, advadtage HD camo, at a WWA banquet last night, anyone have this gun, or have experiance with it?? Is it as reliable as my good ole Remington 870 super mag? How does it pattern? does the action ever get jammed up on it? Any feedback would be cool, as I am trying to figure out if I should just hang it on the wall, or if I should shoot it.
Yes it's a terrible gun. If I were you'd I'd give it to someone who has figured out how to use it.

My address is....

They shoot just fine. I'm getting an average of 19 lethal hits on a calm day at 40 yards with a .655 cnc choke and Federal FC HV in #5 shot. For me that's a pretty good pattern.

They do kick a bit more than the gas operated guns. But they don't get as dirty.
Old 05-01-2005, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

One of my hunting buddies has one. Last year, he was able to buy a used extra full choke for it and it shot the most incredible pattern I've ever seen. At 45 yards, he was getting 40-45 pellets in the head/neck consistently. If you don't want to hunt with it, I DO!!!
Old 05-01-2005, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

You got a love those story's
Old 05-02-2005, 01:26 PM

From the sounds of it, sounds like I won a pretty nice gun. I want to thank everyone for the offers on placing it in their home, as great as that sounds, I think that I'll hang on to it. From what you guys are saying, I'll have a lot of fun and success with it in the field. THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS, and if anyone else has input, it would be appreaciated!!
Old 05-04-2005, 04:44 PM

Anyone have any idea what this gun is worth? its advantage camo pattern
Old 05-04-2005, 05:38 PM
CJW

If you sell it to me, probably $75 including shipping. But from a store around $375 to 450.

I love the way those guns look in that camo.

CJW
Old 05-04-2005, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

The 2000 is a good gun. They are light in weight and have many features. They balance like most other Beretta family autos with more weight towards the stock. They also pattern similar. If you are not happy with your patterns after some testing try a Terror Tube by SRM (Surecycle). The 2000 is inertia operated like most Benelli auto's but, it has the action/recoil spring around the magazine tube making it one of the easiest semi auto's to maintain. Quality is not as good as a Benelli but the price is much lower also.

Quick Reply: Stoeger Model 2000 Semi-Auto 12 Ga

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.