HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   why do people do drugs? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/98944-why-do-people-do-drugs.html)

mauser06 04-30-2005 10:07 AM

why do people do drugs?

why is the world so full of druggies?? aint these stoners been turkey hunting before?? i never did drugs and dont ever plan on it....but this morning..having a longbeard come in at 40-45yds strutting....and a jake almost walk on your legs while i waited on the longbeard which did eventually work his way in...i know that feeling has to be 32424535354 times better then any drug in the world....heart pounding...knees shaking..cant move....cant blink(which is what actually got me busted...i couldnt take it anymore.....tears ran down my face and my eyes dried out i had to....) all the stoners should just take up turkey hunting......they will get a rush....a high like theyve never had........mother nature.....gota love it......nothing else in the world can make you feel that way.....i sat there in the pouring rain almost 2 hrs.....soaked clear to the bone.....cold....shivering so bad i really thought i might die out there at one point in time...never shivered like that before....butt hurts...sitting on my leg....arms stiff trying to hold up the gun....but it was allllll worth it for that 5 min show i got.....and that rush....maaaaaaan was that a rush.....closest ive ever had a bird....never calls in one strutting like that...and my other 2 were in range when i first saw them..niever had to watch them work in...never had them gobble so close...never had them about to step on my boots.....crazy....i love it.......kids......dont do drugs.....go turkey hunting!!!!!!!!

Icducks 04-30-2005 10:16 AM

RE: why do people do drugs?

Amen to that. Take a kid hunting or Fishing that is better then any drug out there.

eddie_v21 04-30-2005 10:17 AM

i know the feeling,it great aint it.turkey hunting and just being outdoors hearing the sounds of squirels seeing the things you see in the woods while hunting is one of the best things god has gave us.

turk2di 04-30-2005 02:02 PM

Im with ya bud;) Im can't tell you on this forum what i said when my son Joey & I conected on a double back on 4/17, but it touches, sort of ,on what your gettin at;) E-mail me @ [email protected] and i'll tell ya;) what i said not 10seconds after the heart rendering sequence of events!

PAhunterJEN 04-30-2005 02:07 PM

I'll give you a 2nd Amen Mauser... There ain't nothing like it![8D]

pabirdhunter 04-30-2005 02:19 PM

I'm right there with the rest of you. If more adults would take an interest in the kids and teach the "the good things" we'd all be better off. I took my daughter out this morning and even in the rain, she had a great time.

Turkey Addict 05-01-2005 11:25 AM

Sounds Like you Got Your Priorities figured out good there Mauser06. I agree 100%

PoorCollegeKid 05-01-2005 12:41 PM

I enjoy my occasional drug use.

31pointer 05-01-2005 09:09 PM

Im with ya totally Mauser06!!! Not neccessarily just turkey hunting, a big buck coming in will sure get ya goin to. Feeling is undescribable when you watch a wild animal come in to your setup and then you take it. I do not admire PoorCollegeKid for posting his reply stating he enjoys his occasional use of drugs. This is a very poor choice. There are many things to do that is better than drugs, all they do is mess up your mind. Why do the dumb stuff when you can call in a gobbler, rattle in a buck, or reel in a 10 pound bass and have a feeling just the same, probably better.
We need more support to develop the good habits in kids today.
Great thread we have going here!! Keep up the good work!

Tree climber 05-02-2005 06:58 AM

I tell all my friends that have never been turkey hunting,to never go ; It's like drugs and sex ; It's addictive!![:o][&:][8D]

nothing like it.