Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Should I hang up my shotgun? >

Should I hang up my shotgun?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Should I hang up my shotgun?

Old 04-24-2005, 09:30 PM

Default RE: Should I hang up my shotgun?

Don't give up yet.. These birds spend their whole lives being hunted... It can be hard,, I'm really nervous because this is my first year hunting them,, it just takes time,, you'll get one,, don't give up
Old 04-24-2005, 10:02 PM
Fork Horn

To answer some of the questions asked on some of the post....yes, I have had turkeys respond to my calling, I have even put my son on a bird even before I've had a shot, but his bird did not present a clean kill (but it was exciting for both of us), and I am seeing birds on the properties I get to hunt. I have always been very enthusiastic about turkey hunting. My fiance' says I'm obsessed, but it get tough having your friends send you emails with pictures of their filled tags year after year, and it gets a little embarrassing to admit that after six years of hunting once again "I didn't get one."

I appreciate the encouragement and advice. Somehow I knew that is what I would get from the outstanding friends I have on this board. It is a real testimony to the caliber of people we have on this board. You guys and gals are simply the best!
Old 04-24-2005, 10:13 PM

Kitsap...don't quit...you'll get there....I waited four long years til I got my first...one guy in our camp is in the same situation, but keep pluggin. especially if you got private land inColville. I remember the year, and I've told this one before about notching my tag when I found sign. I had reached my goal...getting in the turkey woods. I'd probably pick up any book you can, I don't watch so many videos because they just don't teach like a book does. Get a hold of a copy of Turkey & Turkey Hunting magazine. It's the best by far on info and how to and what to do situations.

Are you going to the State meeting in August? I'm going so hopefully I'l meet you there.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:29 AM

dont give up! took me 6 yrs to get first one my key was getting off public land, have harvested 10 since 3 multiple beards what a rush. Once you get the first one they will start falling.I'm getting ready to go now its 33 degrees outside but to just hear that one gobbble just to get close maybe get lucky its all about patience and soaking up every little thing that happens out their aint it great. givem hell its your turn! ate up with it,Mark