Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 No bird, but a productive day >

No bird, but a productive day

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

No bird, but a productive day

Old 04-20-2005, 07:18 PM

Default No bird, but a productive day

Skipped school today and headed out into the turkey woods for the 2nd period opener. We were on birds all day, just little things kept going wrong or the birds would get henned up. Fortunately, i was able to call a gobbler away from hens to my dad and he shot right over the bird. was really neat, i heard the hens up in the woods with him, so i started cutting and giving angry purrs to get the hens going..that old boy was going nuts, gobbling and clucking and the hens were having a fit. got my dad to give a few yelps 100 yards above me and it did the trick..the bird came out trotting and ducked the shot charge..i guess its ok, we've pin pointed some longspurs for saturday, ill have to get one then. Go team 1!

slayer
Old 04-20-2005, 08:43 PM

Default RE: No bird, but a productive day

I was hunting so public ground and had a guy walk by in the dark about 5 am and set up at the other end of about a 500 yd. field. Well as luck would have it, nice gobbler flies off the roost right to his end of field. I could see everything as the bird strutted into his range only to see him shoot over its head. It was kinda cool to watch from a distance but he went to my college and I wanted him to get his bird.