Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Almost as good of feeling as shooting it yourself >

Almost as good of feeling as shooting it yourself

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Almost as good of feeling as shooting it yourself

Old 04-20-2005, 07:13 PM

Default Almost as good of feeling as shooting it yourself

Well, got home from hunting today and went to my dad's business, stopped in the shop and heard some great news. One of my good friends' uncle works down there, and he informed me that my friend shot a whopper tom this morning. showed me the beard and spurs and all that, just a nice bird. 28 lbs, 1" spurs, 10.5" beard..just a huuge gobbler. his first one too. Anyway, i feel good because i started him off last year turkey hunting and got him hooked on it. he went out by himself with a call he got the night before and shot his first turkey. i was going to take him out this weekend, guess i wont need to be doing that. i just feel great because he got his first bird and i was the one who got him going into the sport.

slayer
Old 04-20-2005, 08:29 PM

Default RE: Almost as good of feeling as shooting it yourself

I dont now anyone who has only spent one day in the turkey woods. After the first gobble you get hooked! Congrats on the bird.