Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Hunting in florida. What a week!PICS! >

Hunting in florida. What a week!PICS!

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Hunting in florida. What a week!PICS!

Old 04-19-2005, 12:36 PM

Default Hunting in florida. What a week!PICS!

Just thought I would share some pics of one of the most memorable times I have had in the florda woods.
I took off 4 days last week to turkey hunt. I didnt shoot a turkey but I did have a BBBIIGG bear walk within 10 feet of me. I was sitting next to a logging road looking down the road in the direction I was working a gobbler. The gobbler was easing down the road towards me when all of a sudden he turned around and headed off in a hurry in the opposite direction. I sat there wondering what went wrong when I heard something in the road behind me. I turned my head and the saw the bear walking down the road. He was about 15 ft. from me when I first saw him and he stopped and looked at me when he was about 10 ft away. I froze at first and took the saftey off the gun.
He just stood there and stared at me. I finally raised my hand and said " get out of here"! Luckily for me he decided to listen to me.
That was my first heart attack. The second one came a few days later as I was walking back to the truck. I crossed through a clear cut and came to a ditch on the side of the road. This ditch was only about 10 feet wide and less than 2 feeet deep. When I stepped into the ditch my foot hit something strange. All of a sudden the water erupted and a big lizard head whipped up out of the water and hissed. I had just stepped on the tail of a 7' gator! When he came up I leaped / ran backwards and tripped on the bank and fell flat on my back. I bounced right up and ran about 20 yards. My yell sounded like a cross between tarzan and Pee Wee Herman. After several minutes I was able to pull myself back together and head back to the truck and get the camera. When I came back he had dissappeared again. I took some big sticks and tossed them into the spot where he had been laying. He shot up out of the water again and hissed and growled. This water was boot deep and I couldnt even see this gator laying on the bottom.
4 days off, no turkey, and two heart attacks.

Old 04-19-2005, 01:32 PM

Default RE: Hunting in florida. What a week!PICS!

I can't see your pics but WOW, sounds like one hell of a time. Congrats........on not getting hurt!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2005, 01:37 PM
Dominant Buck

benhunting, were you in No FL or So FL. Glad you're alright.
Been there, done that!
Here in FL you have to watch-out for the Snakes, Gators, Bears , Panthers
and the Skeeters all while trying to shoot a turkey.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, talk about adventure!! A close encounter of the unkind!

Sorry that you didn't get a turkey, but you have a couple of great stories to tell. Although I can't see them all, you also have some interesting pics.

Better luck next time.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

talk about a surprise. jeese. i hunt turkeys in florida but i've never had that happen and i would have to say that i'm glad.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:27 PM

been there done that,sounds like you had a LARGE time.

can't see the pic's. but sounds fun.
try again later.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:15 PM
Typical Buck

Well atleast u got to go out there and did what u love. Being successful is just an extra to ME once going out. Sounds like u had a good time. What part of FL were u in?

Louis
Old 04-20-2005, 06:40 AM

Default RE: Hunting in florida. What a week!PICS working now!

I finally got the pics to work.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting in florida. What a week!PICS working now!

Sounds like a great hunt, stories for a lifetime with pics to back them up. Too bad you didn't bag a bird...
Old 04-20-2005, 07:48 AM

wow cool picts

Quick Reply: Hunting in florida. What a week!PICS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.