HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   WI HUNTERS POST PICS HERE (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/97425-wi-hunters-post-pics-here.html)

BSTNFREEK 04-15-2005 10:00 AM

WI HUNTERS POST PICS HERE

I live in southern WI, and would just like to see some of the pics of birds shot in northern Il, southern WI. I know that season dosent open for a few days, but even if you have pics in the fields, post those too!! Dont here a lot of hunters in WI responding to the forums, so wanted a page, just for us.

ironranger 04-15-2005 12:13 PM

RE: WI HUNTERS POST PICS HERE

I'm not hunting Wisconsin till May 11th but here is a pic of one from another year in the Wisconsin turkey woods...Always like this photo as I setup the tripod and timer as I was hunting solo that day. Although my face is shaded, the colors on the bird were cool...

BSTNFREEK 04-15-2005 12:18 PM

VERY NICE BIRD!!

bushmaster_5bko 04-15-2005 12:49 PM

I'm from stevens point wisconsin, (Central), will be headed out the weekend of the 23rd, I'll keep ya posted how i do, was out in the woods, and alotta good sign

gecl 04-16-2005 07:42 AM

Opening morning Apr. 13th in central WI. My first try at turkey hunting, beginners luck I guess. WHAT A BLAST!!!

turkeyhunter ewing 04-16-2005 08:13 AM

ill try to get my pics on here....i got a jake yesterday and i called in 3 toms this morning for my dad...he shot the dominant strutter, Great HUNT!!! Gobbling Strutting....WOW

turk2di 04-16-2005 04:00 PM

Congrats! Beginners luck or not;)

bushmaster_5bko 04-18-2005 08:07 AM

Yeah, my mistake my season is actually the weekend of april 27-May1st, but they'll still be gobblin and struttin:D, went out, tried some calling, because i never called one in before, Oh my, i almost crapped my pants when i called in this huge tom yeserday!!:D, i bet he was over 20 lbs, nice 10" beard at least on him, boy was that exciting, hopefully i'll be posting a pic of him next to my shotgun in 2 weeks

BSTNFREEK 04-28-2005 11:09 AM

Got this bird this morning! Saw him from the blind, about 400 yards away, wouldnt come in to ANY cals, some me and my buddy did a belly crawl about 200 yards up through the corn field, then were able to get into the trees and crawl for about the last 200 yards, started comming out of the trees when we were close to the tom, drew my gun, and 3 toms came out of the woods and started attacking the tom that I just spent almost 40 minutes stalking!! Sat there for 3 - 4 minutes watching 4 toms brutally beat each other up over the one hen that was in sight, when my tom broke off for a second (the whole time this is happening I am 20 - 30 yards, standing up, gun drawn from these turkeys) I pulled the trigger and the rest is history. cool thing is, have some of it on video, but cant figure out how to post a video, I'll keep trying though!!

ps... I anticipated posting a pic, but cant figure out how! can someone PM me and tell me how to do it, same with video if anyone knows. Thanks!! Sean

jepcho 04-28-2005 11:33 AM

To post a pic, click on the link that says Click here to upload! at the bottom of your reply, then select your file and upload it, then check embed picture in post and submit the post.