Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 LAUGHING AFTER THE KILL?? >

LAUGHING AFTER THE KILL??

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

LAUGHING AFTER THE KILL??

Old 03-22-2005, 10:48 PM

Default RE: LAUGHING AFTER THE KILL??

I may be alone here. Honestly I didn't read all the posts on this topic, I am just giving my opinion. If this has already been posted I apologize in advance.

I don't see a problem with genuine happiness over a successful hunt or kill. Sometimes however, these guys are putting on. You will never convince me that these guys hunt all over the world and remain this "hyped" on every hunt. Any hunter knows some hunts are more special than others. As far as turkey hunts go, my favorite hunt was one where I missed a big gobbler. I have only killed two birds since I have been hunting turkeys and both kills were luck. I was in the right place at the right time. The one I missed however, was all me. I roosted the bird, called him in off the roost (did everything but finish the deal). At the time I was mad, but after reflecting I enjoyed this hunt much more.

People may think I am a wimp, but sometimes I am genuinely sad when a hunt ends. I am sad that a deer or turkey is no longer there to be beautiful and to be hunted.

Myself, I would never laugh right after a hunt. I may get excited and whoop and holler maybe, but not laugh. I know I have ranted and raved to long on this. (I appreciate you guys listening to me) So to finish up, to each his own, and have fun out there hunting.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:12 AM
Typical Buck

i didn't read all the responses but i don't think i laugh but then again i'm usually overcome by emotion and adrenaline that i may....i know once that booger is down i run over to it and do a "i'm too sexy for my camo" dance.....it's from a commercial i saw years ago but i changed the words....throw in a pee wee herman dance and it's quite commical.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:54 AM

ORIGINAL: huntnma

i usually vomit, so laughter is something i would love to do....
LMAO. [8D]

"....throw in a pee wee herman dance and it's quite commical. "
HM puking and Fl doing the peewee herman dance. If that didnt make Americas Funniest
Hunting Videos, nothing would. lol
Old 03-23-2005, 08:59 AM

ORIGINAL: DougMD

It probably isn't a laugh like something is funny. Rather, it is the outlet of the person's emotion. I've known several people who laugh when nervous or in times of emotion, but surely aren't doing so because something is funny.
EXACTLY RIGHT!