Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 LAUGHING AFTER THE KILL?? >

LAUGHING AFTER THE KILL??

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

LAUGHING AFTER THE KILL??

Old 03-20-2005, 03:13 PM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

Default LAUGHING AFTER THE KILL??

Gang,

I hope that I don't offend anyone, but I'd like to raise a question here...

While watching turkey videoes, I notice that many hunters will break out into a hysterical laughter after they have just shot a bird. This always strikes me odd. I know that emotions are high during a hunt and that folks express their emotions differently, but it just seems weird. To date, I've shot 22 turkeys (not that anyone should care) and I've hollered, pumped my fist and even once shed a tear when a hunt ended. However, I've never laughed like I was at a comedy club.

Any other thoughts out there? Or am I the only one who has noticed this?
Old 03-20-2005, 03:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: LAUGHING AFTER THE KILL??

People react differently.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:05 PM

javascript:void(AddText(''))

I personally scream like a Klingon Warrior. Trust me, if you were in ear shot of me you would have heard me. Just what I do. Can't help it. Can't stop it. Don't want to. Just love it.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:35 PM

Rebel yell for me.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

I think people react in a lot of different ways. I don't like it,however, when they laugh like you said. Have noticed this on deer hunting videos as well. When my hunts are over the adrenaline is rushing and I just want to make sure I have cleanly killed the animal. You can laugh later on when talking to your buddies back at home or wherever, but not immediately after the kill. This seems disrespectful to the animal to me.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

i dont, but in max 4's fallin skies they luagh like they were watching comedy central[:@]
we actually dont really say anything but discuss it like whoa i thouhgt .....but good job
Old 03-20-2005, 04:51 PM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

Mr G,

Well stated...That's exactly how I feel about it!

bhw
Old 03-20-2005, 07:19 PM
Typical Buck

bhw, I found that kind of weird too and as Mr. G pointed out a little disrespectful. Nothing wrong with being happy but in that setting where thousands of people are watching on TV it just seems to be in bad taste.

On a side note...I might be taking it overboard when I say this but I won't buy Mossy Oak products after seeing their commercials. Don't know if anyone has seen them but in the commercial they say something like "People say we are cool because we get to hunt" and another guy say something to the affect that "Most have a hard time finding their calling but I've never had that problem" or something like that. To me it just sounded like they were bragging about being able to hunt all the time and "Hey, while you are at it, buy our camo" Hey, I know it would be great to be able to hunt all the time but I don't need some guy pushing his product to remind how great it is!!! Maybe I'm being too harsh but I won't be buying their products anytime soon...
Old 03-20-2005, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

When the TV guys are hunting, they are not only hunting, they are also making a living. Maybe they are thinking "this will be great on the tape".
Old 03-20-2005, 08:12 PM

There so hard to get..I go balistic...I dance and everything I love it.

Quick Reply: LAUGHING AFTER THE KILL??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.