Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

girls...

Old 03-20-2005, 10:21 AM

Default RE: girls...

ORIGINAL: MK-M-GOBL

I kept my now wife chained up for many years and wouldn't let her outside either Tried duck tape at first but the first few I keep just chewed right through the tape. Anyways, I finally let her out and she's OK with it. Becareful! she might show you how it's done I know when it come to 3D and handguns that my wife would open a can of you know what on a lot of guys!
Same here MK-M-GOBL
Take her out Hunting with you
Old 03-20-2005, 01:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

cant wait for a nice spring day to take her out for a walk......you guys make it sound promising....and i know even if it dont work i have nothing to loose...i really think turkey hunting will hook her if shes able and willing to be hooked...if she likes hunting im definently going to introduce her to guns and shooting over the summer....after strict saftey lessons of course...and a demenstration on whata bullet can do to a milk jug and how a gun should allllllllllllllways be used safely and pointed in a safe direction loaded or not...i can handle the teaching part...im good at stuff like that.....cant wait....ill let you guys know what happens with her.....
Old 03-24-2005, 01:47 PM
Spike

Take her out scouting a couple times to get her accustomed to being out in the woods. Then take her along turkey hunting. My wife has always hunted but wasn't sure about hunting turkeys. The day she watched me call in a hard gobbling and drumming tom to 12 yards and ended his life, she almost exploded with excitement as she told me she wanted to hunt the next year no matter what it took. She's now hooked more than I am. Nothing makes getting out in the woods any easier than when your wife asks you to take her out. What more can a guy ask for? It can make for a more rewarding relationship if you can add hunting to the things you both enjoy....special if you're in the woods as much as you say.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Take her out. I was dating my girlfriend for about 6 months or so when I took her out for the 1st time. But make sure you have everything planned nicely. Scout it out, make sure the weather is nice, and the chance of success is good. The more enjoyable you can make it the better.

I took my girlfriend out for the 1st time deerhunting and she shot this buck. Now she's hooked. I have it on video, and it's easy to see how excited she was. I'll take her out for a turkey here in a couple weeks, and hopefully I can get her her 1st turkey also.

Old 03-24-2005, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just take her. Everybody has their first day in the woods some time. I'm sure that there was a time when you had never been out before. Just dont make her stay out the whole day if she doesn't want to. She will probably like it and then you have a new hunting partner.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:34 AM

Take her with you and just enjoy the time. Just because shes never been in the woods does not mean shes not a woodsy person. Try it. If it works out fine . If not, thats fine to.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:20 AM
Dominant Buck

I used to take my pretty wife fishing alot. I never hunted back then. I was new to Florida. She hates hurting the animals but loves the quiet time to read and go garage saling so she loves it that I spend all day hunting. She likes it better when I bring something home. She sees all the money I put into hunting and wants to see some return. When someone loves you they will want ot be with you no matter what. However; you might not be able to fully concentrate on your hunting. Hunting calls for 100% concentration.
Chuck
Old 03-27-2005, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

dont under estimate her.....if someone would of said 10 years ago that i would be walking a mile through the woods without a flashlight in the dark, i would of bet everything i owned.....now look at mei have to admit that learning about the critters is cool, but now that i know alot of the trees and other plant life out there, it really makes the woods more enjoyable, i actually know what i am looking at, it's just not a tree or flower....dont rush her by anymeans, it sounds like you'll have her addicted in no time.....give her confindence, let her know alot of women hunt now a days....good luck to you and her on your hunting together.......
Old 03-27-2005, 03:39 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with Huntnma. Don't under estimate her. It just may come back to bite ya in the tushy.
When I met my husband he took me "hog huntin'" for our first date....basically just walked around the woods with a shotgun in hand but the moment i stepped foot in the woods I knew I'd become an addict. I just no clue how much of one..neither did he...lol.
Every waking hour of everyday is spent thinkin' about huntin', actually huntin', scoutin', makin' plans, or just wishin' I was out in the woods.
Now if I miss a couple weeks I turn into super "bleep".

Best of luck to you and just have patience with her....she'll do great.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Let me put it this way. I only bird hunted until I met my wife. She hunted deer and elk and I thought, "That sounds like fun. Maybe I should take it up too?"

Now look at my posts on here. I think she created a monster!!! I'm more fanatic about it now, but just recently passed her on number of animals I've taken. Not that I'm keeping score or anything...

What I'm saying is just be careful, she might go nuts like I did. Or like huntnma, she's kinda rabid I think.

Quick Reply: girls...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.