Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

girls...

Old 03-18-2005, 09:57 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-18-2005, 12:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: girls...

Hell I'd take her Mauser, wish mine would go. If anything, she might help pass those "lonely" times when the birds are quiet............
Old 03-18-2005, 06:26 PM
Typical Buck

I'd be glad to take her along... but my wife would likely object. I think it's great that she's interested enough to hold a hunting hobby discussion with you. My wife and I dated for 7 years and have been married for nearly 14 more. In all that time she never once asked to go hunting... until 2 seasons ago.

She says out of the blue one day, "Why do you always go scouting / hunting... even when the weather isn't fit for ducks?" So, I tell her what being outdoors means to me and she decides to have a walk in the woods. Maybe it was just curiosity, although I'd like to think she likes being together. LOL. She buddied along on a few scouting outings, nothing too harsh, (easy walks, nice views and such) and ended up wanting to try her hand at shooting sports.

She's turned out to be quite the marksman, (most women are by nature, having slower respirations, nominal BP compared to the male, and no "better than you guy ego" to get in the way), and has since purchased her own gear. I've taken her hunting on some really nasty weather days and can honestly say she's sat much better and longer than some of my close hunting buddies. She's even selective on taking game.

Take your gal along, you've nothing to lose and have so much to gain, especially if the outdoors is where she finds she likes to be.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

im very serious when it comes to hunting...so that brings up a good point....when something goes south and its not my fault i get very upset
Why? I get much more upset when I screw up. You can be totally serious and dedicated about something without losing it if something goes wrong.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

sounds good...may work...may not...i wont loose her if it isnt her thing....she will accept it as MY thing...and let me do my thing....and not want to go again..she will still ask for stories and pics im sure!....about me being serious...its me...my friends hate to hunt with me because im so serious...and i hate to hunt with them because they arent serious....ill small game hunt with them and since all the crazy PA laws and lower deer populations i started doing deer drives with them...but stand hunting deer...or turkey hunting i always find myself alone...and like it that way.....i mean im an understanding person...i wont be flipping out on my girl because she busted a set up or anything.....i know she doesnt know any better....but my friends that hunt do....thats why i get irritated with them....they just wanna jag around...i really think shed listen to me and do what she needs to do for me.....ill see how it goes....within the next few weekends it should get nice out.....and it will be time for a stroll through the woods....see how she does....if we find its really not for her ill be fine with it....if it is ill go from there......cant wait....should be interesting....yelp yelp yelp yelp....gobble obble oble....does that mean hes coming?? is that good that he said gobble gobble?? ahaha i can see it now...
Old 03-19-2005, 07:55 AM

take her any way she wants to go with you, scouting, hunting, riding in the woods,camping, make it fun. the first trip i made with my wife she pointed out the difference between a gobbler track and a hen track. i asked her immediately when did she want to get married,however it would be after turkey season. 11 years later we have a gobbler in full flight on the wall at the foot of the bed.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:06 PM
Fork Horn

Take her with you and have FUN ! Teach her how to walk thru the woods, take her scouting and try a hunting trip. Just have patience and remember you had to learn once too.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:10 PM
Fork Horn

Take her out scouting, see how she reacts, you may be surprised
Old 03-19-2005, 09:40 PM
Fork Horn

Do these mean anything to you? "Is it time to go yet?" or how about "Oooohhh! Look at the pretty turkeys"! (screaming with arms flailing in the air while you're calling them in) or "I need to pee!" (while you're set up and patiently waiting for birds to come in). Just some food for thought....
Old 03-20-2005, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

Mouser. I didn't read all the replies, but it seems to be a general consensus for you to get her in the timber. Start with walks in the woods just to show her sign and trails and explore. Then try scouting for a day, sitting in one spot without a lot of conversation. Take her out early for the birds coming off the roost and evening for the roosting. Make sure you take her to the timber when tick season starts, so she will know that experience too....LOL Above all else, if she enjoys it, let her know that there will be times when you may just want to hit the timber by yourself, so she will not be offended that you don't want her to come. Maybe even set her up in a differant spot than you are sitting, so she can experience what it is that you love about being in the timber all alone with nature. Lastly, teach her to call for you so she can set-up behind you and the birds will pass you on their way to her calling...LOL [8D]

Quick Reply: girls...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.