Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

TEAM 8... "TOM TAKERS"

Old 03-29-2005, 06:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: TEAM 8... "TOM TAKERS"

Way to go HHG!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2005, 07:23 PM

ORIGINAL: little indian

Great job Girl. Way to put us on the board. I can't wait for our season to open in KY. on April 15. Congratulaions & way to go.
Hey Little Indian, where are you hunting? I din't know there was anoth KY hunter on the team. Birds have been gobblin pretty good. Had good reports yesterday about birds where the youth hunt is this weekend. Can't wait to see the younguns get a few Sat morning.

Great job again HHG! What kind of pups?
Old 03-30-2005, 10:43 AM
Fork Horn

I hunt in Russell Co. we have 900+ acres plus another 900 leased. I am worried that the logging that's going on will have an impact this year. Last year I called in 16 toms & we killed 11 of them. The ones that survived either came in as multiple birds or jakes. Where do you hunt Roost em 1st?
Old 03-30-2005, 09:52 PM

LI

I hunt in Butler, Warren, Logan, and Barren counties. From 80 acres tracts to 1800 acre tracts. Private and public.

RM1
Old 03-31-2005, 07:16 AM
Fork Horn

If you aren't doing anything this Sat, we are having a NWTF Banquet at the Russell Co High School. The doors open at 5 PM CST. And on Sat. April 9th we are having a NWTF Sanctioned Still Target Shoot at the Russell Co. Sportsman's Club in Russell Springs.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:38 AM

Thanks for the invite but I'll be guiding a youngster this weekend trying to get him his first bird. Pretty country over there though, jealous of you.

HHG- You going again? Good luck!!
Old 03-31-2005, 06:26 PM

Yeah, I am gonna try and get back out Sat beofre I gotta go to work, so wish me more luck!! Good luck to everyone else this weekend!!
Old 04-01-2005, 11:01 AM

Hey HHG, don't forget those pictures you promised.

I can feel the excitement boiling in me for tomorrow's youth hunt. I won't get to pull the trigger but have a chance to work some birds. Man I can't wait!!

GOOD LUCK HHG!!!!
Old 04-01-2005, 03:26 PM

Thanks roost em, I hadn't developed the film off the film camera yet, but I am gonna try and get em done this weekend, gonna hold off till Sun to see if I get lucky again this weekend!! Hey, good luck callin this weekend, hopefully you can make some youngun proud!!
Old 04-03-2005, 08:48 AM
Fork Horn

Stop talkin about turkey huntin damnit!! My season doesn't start untill April 15... LOL J/K I can't wait to hunt!!!!! Great job so far... Lets sleigh em this year....

There are several turkeys in a certain residential area that has a few woods and fields where there is no hunting, and I saw them the other day... OMG!!!! 5 toms all with at least 12" beards and they looked like bloody ostriches!!!!!! They are HUGE!!!!!!! seriously, they were so tall... I was told about them but never seen them till the other day... That same patch of woods held a 22 point monster whitetail, till it was hit by a car last fall... Just thought i would share that...

Quick Reply: TEAM 8... "TOM TAKERS"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.