Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Federal Flight-Control

Old 03-17-2005, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Federal Flight-Control

Mag•Shok™ FLITECONTROL™

Anyone try these yet? They look interesting, might have to pick up a box and do some testing. They have a heavy-shot version too that might be a great new load.

www.federalcartridge.com is their site if you want to view the video of what the new wad delivers. I'll let everyone know if I buy some and test them.

Power
Old 03-17-2005, 05:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Federal Flight-Control

I've got a buddy that is shooting them right now. He says they're awesome. He said his wading is bouncing off the target at 30yds. I feel that may be an exaggeration, simply because of the design, but I do know he killed a tom with them on Tuesday morning. If the proof is in the pudding, there you go. I'm not much on Federal shells, personal preferance, but these appear to be worth looking at. I don't think they'd do as well in a back bored gun though, the shot cup is a solid cup that contains the shot until the wading is slowed down and separates from the load.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks GB. My 870 is only good out to around 30-35 yards so I'm looking for a way to extend it another 10 yards if I can. Best loads I use right now is the Win XX 3" #5's w/ 2 oz. shot. Better than any other brand I've tried including Hevishot or any other shot size.

Might have to try another choke but who can afford to buy a bunch to try out? They ought to let you "rent" a choke for a week to try different ones in your gun.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not satisfyed with my turkey guns until they throw a killing pattern at least 40 yards.

I guess it all depends on were you hunt huh
Old 03-18-2005, 05:44 AM

I patterned both the flight control regular shot and the heavyweights. I couldnt get the heavyweights to pattern very well but the #5 copper plated lead shot patterened very well out of my Xfull and XX (.670)full chokes.25 in the vitals at 40 yards with a very even spread around that (125 in a 10 inch circle) which is good enough for me. The overall pattern is very consistant.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys. Like you said Mr. Longbeard I'm not really as happy with my load so that's why I'm looking for something a little better. Winchester Supreme XX in #5's is the best my gun will shoot (better than the same load in #6's). I hunt only open public ground and some areas around here are sage brush and sand so some extra range would really help. Anyone heard of any vendors that will let you try a choke before buying it?

I think I'll pick up a box or two of these new Federals and see how they do.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've heard that Comp-n-Choke will let you test drive theres....
Old 03-20-2005, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Really? I might have to check them out. Do you recommend their chokes?
Old 03-20-2005, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never shot them but a lot of peopleon this forum do and they seem like they are happy with them. You also might want to check out the Kicks turkey choke also. I think they are both sold by the same people...
Old 03-20-2005, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wasn't able to get them to perform as well as my Winchester Supremes.

Quick Reply: Federal Flight-Control

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.