Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

new gun

Old 03-15-2005, 01:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default new gun

hey fellas I need some suggestions here. I'm in the market for a new semi. My 1187 is starting to want to not cycle the 3.5's every time and that doesn't stand with me. My uncle is also having the same trouble with his 1187 but his is a 3 in only and they won't cycle every time. I hate to get rid of the gun cause it patterns like a champ but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Well I'm trying to decide between the Browning Gold or the Winchester Super X 2. Which would you guys select?
Old 03-15-2005, 02:22 PM

Default RE: new gun

I remember reading another post on the 1187 about not cycle 3.5 shells. If I remember a good cleaning of the jet ports and replacement of an O ring takes care of the problem. I'm sure some one here know's more about this then I do.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

id definently get the bugs worked out of the gun if it patterned good.....cant be anything that cant be fixed...clean it REALLY good....and check the o rings as said......all it takes is a little dirt in the right place and it wont function.....id also contact remington before i got rid of it if i couldnt fix it...could be something simple.....id bet it is....good luck....sure someone knows for sure....i just know what i read....and know semis have to be clean to operate...expecially those gas operated guns....you gota take it APART...can clean the gas tube and everything....
Old 03-15-2005, 08:47 PM

semi autos have to be kept up to function properly. take that baby apart and get out a toothbrush. should function fine. no need to downgrade from an 1187 to a Browning Gold or a Winnie Super X2([X(])

slayer
Old 03-16-2005, 01:13 PM

I have a 1100, I can testify on keeping the ports & O-ring clean. If it kicks lick a mule whyen you shoot & doesnt cycle try the above & I think you'll be greatly satisfied. Hope this helps.