HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   custom calls? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/93100-custom-calls.html)

killmeatm 03-07-2005 04:31 PM

custom calls?

Do ya'll prefer a custom call over a production call? If so which one do you prefer and how do you get them? Thanks, Killmeatm

Hidden Hunter 03-07-2005 04:54 PM

RE: custom calls?

Prairie Calls , and Kaiser Calls are both offered with direct Links from this Site. I just Ordered a Heart Wood Slate over Glass from Larry Gresser of Prairie Calls!

not allowed to advertise another site on the forums

huntnma 03-07-2005 05:55 PM

i have calls from both of them and i have to tell you, they are both top notch call makers, i will always bring my power crystal for back up, but this year, as last , it'll be one of Andy's calls that i bring that big boy in with....

MKMGOBL 03-07-2005 07:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Hidden Hunter

Prairie Calls , and Kaiser Calls are both offered with direct Links from this Site. I just Ordered a Heart Wood Slate over Glass from Larry Gresser of Prairie Calls!

ORIGINAL: huntnma

i have calls from both of them and i have to tell you, they are both top notch call makers, i will always bring my power crystal for back up, but this year, as last , it'll be one of Andy's calls that i bring that big boy in with....

Not just TOP NOTCH call maker but TOP NOTCH gentelman to do business with! They'll make a call however you want it made and guide you to what sound you're looking for and far different woods and which strickers sounds best ;)

jrbsr 03-07-2005 10:11 PM

I made my own box call.

And got some from wal-mart and from a pawn shop.

A pawn shop has some cheap you can talk them down on the price lol

But to make one your self is really cool.

maytom 03-07-2005 10:40 PM

Lately, I prefer Custom calls. Be sure to check out Midwest supply and Wing Supply. These are two catalog companies that cater to the turkey hunters.

the animal 03-08-2005 07:06 AM

I just order my 4th Kaiser Calls. The price is not that bad, thier hand made and are nice looking calls and sound great.

Jrockkilla 03-08-2005 07:24 AM

I just bought a Cody II hand made call and it is one of the sweetest sounding glass call I've heard, very reasonable price.... $34 at Dick's Sporting Goods. Check 'em out you wont be disappointed. I've also heard that the Kaiser and Prairie calls are great buys as well but have yet to purchase one myself, I'm sure they back up all the hype if that many people suggest them.

ShawneeHunter 03-08-2005 07:46 AM

I am currently making calls. I make just about all of them. Glass over glass, slate over glass, slate over slate, aluminum over glass, copper over glass and soon crystal over glass. They all sound good and I will take one of each with me this spring but will probably end up using mouth calls like always :D. I have compared my calls to others I have and mine sounds just as good if not better than most.

JR1 03-08-2005 12:26 PM

Kaiser makes a beautiful call...lots of care go into the pots he turns out.

Wendell Rye of LightsOut calls makes some of the most awesome slate calls I've been around. He can get and use about any wood you want, and you won't work with a friendlier guy. He also makes some very fine strikers. You can find his stuff in Midwest.

For the cream of the crop check out the line of Supreme Calls by Steve Reeves. You buy top dollar for them, but they are absolutely the prettiest and best sounding calls on the market.

For a box call, either Bob Harwell or the Doug Camp company (Doug has passed away) make some fine, fine boxes.