Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Unsuccessful Turkey Hunter >

Unsuccessful Turkey Hunter

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Unsuccessful Turkey Hunter

Old 03-01-2005, 08:35 AM

Default Unsuccessful Turkey Hunter

Ive never been turkey hunting and I applied for Spring Turkey in Michigan and got rejected...bummer[:@]
Old 03-01-2005, 08:44 AM

Default RE: Unsuccessful Turkey Hunter

Ice,

Think about this, you may have received a blessing. Once you go your life will never be the same. You can never get enough, you will drive your spouse, if you have one, insane with practicing your calling. And this time of the year is the worst; You can taste it but yet it is sooooo far away.

Seriously, Iam sorry you didn't get picked, better luck next year. It is an awesome sport, but addicting.

Spatrat
Old 03-01-2005, 08:46 AM

The good thing is that I can apply for Fall Turkey once Fall rolls around, and no I dont have a spouse im only 16
Old 03-01-2005, 09:02 AM
Fork Horn

Spatrat is correct...turkey hunting is extremely addictive and a risk to your health. The symptoms are excessive calling, loss of sleep (going to the roost at 4 am), daydreaming (during off-season), excessive scouting, alienation from family members (due to excessive calling), frustration (from pursuing the tightest patterns), and financial difficulties (from buying more and more calls and equipment). I always tell new turkey hunters "just know what you're getting into because you'll never be the same."
Old 03-01-2005, 09:02 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry to hear you didn't get picked[&o] Spatrat is right though, plus look at the money you'll save from this addiction (at least for this season) Do they at least have a point system if you don't get drawn? If you ever want to travel to NH or VT, I'll take ya out to a few good spots
Old 03-01-2005, 09:10 AM

ORIGINAL: MK-M-GOBL

Sorry to hear you didn't get picked[&o] Spatrat is right though, plus look at the money you'll save from this addiction (at least for this season) Do they at least have a point system if you don't get drawn? If you ever want to travel to NH or VT, I'll take ya out to a few good spots
They do hae a leftover license system but for my unit of the state they dont offer that to me.

Wow Turkey hunting is that addicting huh? lol I can say that I am addicted to Deer hunting and it has cahnged my life for better and for worse.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:34 AM
Typical Buck

Yes, it's definitely an addiction. I've whitetail hunted for years but I find myself getting more worked up for spring than any time of year. I was riding the bus this morning and found myself playing out in my mind various hunts and thinking about strategy for South Dakota this spring. May can't come soon enough. This will be my 20th year and the excitement certainly hasn't diminished. This year we are taking a friend who is disabled on a hunt in Minnesota so I'm looking forward to sharing that excitement.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:14 AM

Awww man you guys make me want to go Turkey Hunting more than ever now!
Old 03-01-2005, 10:44 AM
Typical Buck

Man, im glad i don't live in a state where i have to win a drawing to turkey hunt! MOVE!!!
Old 03-01-2005, 11:44 AM
Typical Buck

I'd rather turkey hunt than deer hunt any day I know how you feel not getting drawn Been trying for a moose licence now for a while and just last year they add a point system. If you don't get draw you get a point which will be add next seasons drawings and it helps your chances. Good luck in the Fall

Quick Reply: Unsuccessful Turkey Hunter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.