Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 anything new in your vest >

anything new in your vest

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

anything new in your vest

Old 02-26-2005, 03:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default anything new in your vest

my first year i went to bass pro and cleared the shelfs,im more picky now.anything new out there you guys are thinking about purchasing?i have been looking at piles of catalogues and magazines.of course there are new calls,slate,friction,diaphram.new decoys,i know its mass produced but i was looking at the buckwing bobbnhead with motion and no strings.new ammo including winchester xtended,federal magshock.the list goes on,have you guys bought or are planning to buy anything new for 2005.sometimes i wonder how much do you need,everything i have works just fine.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:18 PM

Default RE: anything new in your vest

I plan on trying the new Woods Wise PLAYS WET series box calls. I know when my box calls get wet they stop working, maybe these will put an end to it.

I also plan on picking up at least one new slate and probably a few new diaphragm calls to try out.

Something that is deffinately something I plan on trying out are the Adventure Game Calls Adjustable Diaphragm calls.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:53 PM
Fork Horn

I have a new Albert Paul box that I'm dying to try on some big ol' toms. I have used Hooks mouth calls for one season very successfully but I'm anxious to try their new Phantom on some birds too.
I may try one of the new bobble head dekes too.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

i might get an hs blackwidow
and im planning on having a 20 pound bird inthe very back of my vest
Old 02-26-2005, 09:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

hmmmm the new federals are going in the vest i think.....one more patterning session will tell.....i gota put sights on and move my pattern a bit and they should be pretty good....for 7 bucks a box they look good so far...i plan to buy a good mouth call and learn to use it....but other then that ill have my old faithfuls......ol' yeller slatek.....and a local made box call....both work faithfully......cant believe how the ol yeller calls in birds...thats just my lucky call....and when i need to reach out there that box call drives em nuts.....maybe its because i perfected(best i could learn) using them and thats what i always use and practice with....but they work....and my hand made strikers....i dont usually fall into buying all the mass produced calls..i play with them at the stores and normally arent that impressed with any....the ol yellers the only one that ever caught my ear...and none catch my eye....a good custom looks better and sounds better.....but you pay for it....and hard to find if you dont have them locally to play with right there.....im sure there are good mass produced calls...i dont play with them much..good luck guys.....cant wait for spring.....
Old 02-26-2005, 09:47 PM
BT
Typical Buck

well my wife just bought me a new slate.

it's the B.A. hen. i have played with it some.
and it is becomming a favorit. so it will probly be out opeing day.

I havet tryed out the new fed. load yet. I still like the old one. but the stores here now only have the flite con. wad one's.

So i am going to pattern them and see.

I like the old 3 in #4 2oz load. I took no chances after having ammo i liked discontuned. last year i bought 5 boxes. So if the new stuff ant better i am still in good shape.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:04 AM
Fork Horn

im with you on that ol yeller mauser,it is also my favorite.and to washington hunter,april means rain and i have been soaked several times,i keep my calls in glad bags but they still get wet,very frustrating.i keep a couple waterproof calls in my vest if there is rain in the forecast.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:37 AM
Typical Buck

Thermacall
Prairie Game Calls = Larry's Favorite box call
Kaiser Kalls = doulbe sided aluminum over slate in a bloodwood pot
Rhino choke tube
Nitro ammo 3.5" 4X5X7 shot
Rocky sneaker boots

The boots and ammo are the only thing I've got left to buy and I'll be ready
Old 02-27-2005, 07:34 AM

This will be my first year, so everything is new. It's been like Christmas around here.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man Determined,this is one of the few years I dont really have much thats brand new!!I am taking a new camera with me though!But thats for after the hunt!!

Quick Reply: anything new in your vest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.