Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 4 Roll Call

Old 03-20-2005, 07:16 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Team 4 Roll Call

hey sniper hope you get an opportunity at that double bearded tom that would score real nice
Old 03-20-2005, 07:20 AM

and yes pat ely said you add them up well in that case the bird i am looking at has a 14in beard
Old 03-20-2005, 07:49 AM
Super Moderator

I will be hunten Mariums in south central washington Last year i bagged 2 birds opening weekend 3 total in my group of which 1 was a 22 lbdr w/a 9" beard

Private land will make for good hunten

Good luck to all of team 4 I will be expecting joyful celebrations as we win

snipe i use a moss 835 ultra mag with a true glow choke

Go box call bandits
Old 03-20-2005, 03:37 PM

ya well good luck yall went scoting today found nothin but was stalked by coyt's [&:] scarey **** when you are 2miles away with no guns
Old 03-21-2005, 10:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've been seeing the birds around home - lots of strutters. Got a new turkey vest for this season and some new decoys are also ready to go.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:34 AM

any1's sseason started yet get aload of the first turkey scored big boy but i have him matched going out today 3/22/05
Old 03-22-2005, 04:45 PM

any1 home?
Old 03-22-2005, 06:32 PM

Sorry it took so long to post, been off the forum for awhile, but I am back and enjoying reading the responses. I will be hunting central Georgia this season and as many of you know, we start this Saturday (3/26). I can't wait for the season opener and plan on hunting all week thru April 4th. It's going to be fantastic. Went out last weekend and saw 12, one of the biggest gobblers I have ever seen. Saw two strutting in the middle of a field with two hens. I know we are on a hunting forum, but seeing all those turkeys last weekend was enough for me, just to get the privaledge to experience their mating activities really gives me a lot of satisfaction. Last two years I have shot two birds each season and have had birds score in the 50's. Cant' wait for the start of the season, turkey hunting is truely the greatest of all hunts!!
Old 03-22-2005, 06:46 PM

Sorry I haven't responded earlier, I have been off the forum for awhile. Glad to be back and reading all of the news that's going on. I will be hunting in central Georgia and have been out scouting the past three weekends. Our season starts this Saturday and I will be off work until April 5th.

Saw 12 turkeys last weekend and also saw the biggest tom I have seen in a while. Last two years I have taken two turkeys each season. The turkeys have sored in the high 40's to mid 50's. Last weekend I witnessed two toms strutting for two hens and it was a fantastic sight. I have to say that I get as much satisfaction out of watching as actually being in the field hunting them. However, I can't wait to match my wits against the wild turkey because I know I will need a lot of luck to bag a couple of them this year. Best of luck to the other team members and above all else, be careful and observe all laws and safety rules.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:54 AM

any close calls yet deersniper?

Quick Reply: Team 4 Roll Call

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.