Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Team 2 Backwoods Strutters....Let's Roll.... >

Team 2 Backwoods Strutters....Let's Roll....

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 2 Backwoods Strutters....Let's Roll....

Old 03-15-2005, 10:05 PM
Spike

Default RE: Team 2 Backwoods Strutters....Let's Roll....

Ok Backwoods Strutters!!!!

Lets hear what yall are carrying in the field this year (vest,calls,weapon and such)

Vest-Browning hydration pack(my best toy!)

Calls- Battleship heartbreaker,The freak with frictionite, MAD 4x4, Shaker gobbler, power crow, coyote howler, hoot owl, and a smatter of diffrent mouth calls.

Decoys- Sceery inflatable

Weapon- Browning BPS stalker w/ camo clad cover

Comon April 9th!!!!!!
Old 03-16-2005, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be hunting in Southern Iowa on my uncle's land. Killed two birds there last year and feal confident I'll do good this year as well. Good luck to all of you and lets win this thing.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:23 PM

Hi,I'll be hunting April 13th-17th in central Wisconsin and the late season in the U.P. of Michigan.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:50 AM
Fork Horn

I'll be carrying a Remington 870 SuperMag equipped with a Remchoke Super Full choketube and a Mossberg 835 with an undertaker as my backup. I'll pack them with 3" #6's Federal Mag Shok's.

My vest is the Mossy Oak Super Elite II fully stuffed with boxcalls, slate calls, locator calls, and extras. I'll also be resting comfortably on my strut seat behind a blind.

Calls are Primos Power Crystal, Andy Kaiser custom zebrawood slate/glass call, HS Strut 'Lil strut boxcall, a custom cherrywood box call, a Mad calls Super Aluminator, and a Knight & Hale Ultimate Push/Pull call. Also several diaphragms.

My decoys are the Carry-Lite expandable rubber decoys. One hen, one Jake probably setup in the "ready" position.

Will be hunting primarily on private.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:00 PM
Fork Horn

First chance to post since signing up. Glad to be a part of team 2! Will be hunting Mn. from April 18-22nd and going to the Black Hills & the Santee in Neb. after that. Hope to make a positive contribution to the Team. May need help getting a picture on-line if I lucky. Have four nice Toms from the past all 18-24#, 10-11" beards, 3/4 - 1 1/2" spurs. Wish you all luck!!!

Bluegunner
Old 03-20-2005, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

Welcome to Team #2 Bluegunner!

I went scouting on 3/19 on a cold, windy, rainy, and blustery day. I think it affected the birds as they were a no show. Talked to both of my landowners. The first one said there's a few hangin' around the place but most the winter flock of about 150 moved on....My second landowner said he has about 18 birds routinely hangin' around and more could be on the way between now and opening day on April 15th. Let's hope so!

Can we get the team members not on the banner added?
Old 03-20-2005, 07:44 PM

Yea, I'll try to update the banner and get everyone on.
Old 04-02-2005, 11:21 PM
Spike

Our time is here Team 2, good luck and be safe yall! Everyone have fun!!!
Old 04-12-2005, 10:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Team 2 Let's Roll....

No offense to who made the banner, but i felt it was just too big...so i decided to go simple yet effective. here is my rendition...any objections if i use this one instead of the other one?

Old 04-13-2005, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well my name is Joel and I am going to be 19 years old on April 21. This will be my 6th year hunting spring turkeys and it is my favorite time of every year. I am a freshman in college and am majoring in computer network administration. I'm from north central Iowa but do most of my hunting in southern Iowa on my uncle's land. I believe that the Iowa Hawkeyes are gonna win the football national championship this year. I also love to hunt deer, duck, goose, pheasant, and just about anything else, as well as fishing. I have two tags this year and am looking for a team 2 win!! Good luck to everyone!!

Quick Reply: Team 2 Backwoods Strutters....Let's Roll....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.