Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Team 2 Backwoods Strutters....Let's Roll.... >

Team 2 Backwoods Strutters....Let's Roll....

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 2 Backwoods Strutters....Let's Roll....

Old 03-03-2005, 09:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 2 Backwoods Strutters....Let's Roll....

Thanks MO. I've only done it once. That was fall hunting and it is very different. Hope I score another one like that though. It was only 18.5 pounds but had 1 inch spurs and 11.5 inch beard. Go ahead and try a day or two this year with the bow. That is how I started. Still carry the gun sometimes. Just depends on where I think the birds will be.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:59 AM
Fork Horn

We still haven't heard from wacker and tky 1187...Wonder where they are?

Okay...I thought it would be cool if we all told everyone a little more about ourselves:

My name is Craig. I'm 42, live in Everett, WA (home of the USS Abraham Lincoln), and I presently serve as President of the Lake Washington Chapter (Bellevue, WA) of the NWTF. Turkey hunting is my number one passion and I also enjoy deer hunting and fishing. I would like to do more elk and predator hunting. I will be hunting North of Spokane, Washington where there are a lot of Merriams. I might also hunt in Central Washington around Ellensburg. Washington is a great turkey hunting state because we boast that we have three species; Merriams, Rios, and Easterns. So turkey hunters desiring to do the Grand Slam can get three of the four species right here in Washington.
Finally, I am a father with two sons. My oldest, Bradley went on his first turkey hunt last year but didn't get one.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:25 AM

I'm 18. My name is Matt. I'm a freshman in college major in mech. engineering. I've been bowhunting for 3 years and this will be my second year turkey hunting. As most of you, we have a great turkey population here in Missouri and hopefully I'm fortunate enough to take a bird this year.

I'm definately gonna take the bow out a couple days this season. Our season opens April 18 so its about a month and a half from now. Can't wait.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys,
My name is Dave and I am 39. Bow deer hunting is my passion. Last fall I broke my leg slipping down a hill while hunting. Ended the season in an hurry. All is back now. I have 13 screws and 2 plates in the ankle. I have a son (hoyt14 on team 1) who is 17 and a daughter who is 15. She has a permit and at this time is planning on hunting. She has never got a turkey but keeps trying. Matt has taken 3 in the last 2 years. I hunt on family land in southwestern WI (80 acres). We have lots of turkeys but early season is very hard. Too many hens.

home of the USS Abraham Lincoln
Kitsapcaller - Did you server on the Lincoln. I did not but my brother in law is (or was at the time) Captain Robert L. Peterson and was the Executive Officer when it was commissioned on November 11, 1989 in Norfolk. I was there and got a pretty in depth tour. That thing is amazing. Although I have never served I am so very proud of all those you have and thank them all. I will always support our troops.
Old 03-05-2005, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

No, I didn't serve on the Abraham Lincoln. I actually served nine years in the Air Force but I am proud of all of our military. And even though the friendly inter-service rivalries exist, I'm proud of all of our military. These are the finest men and women that you could ever meet. I applaude their sacrifice and willingness to lay it all on the line to promote freedom and liberty abroad.

I served at the 92d Avionics Maintenance Squadron, Fairchild AFB, Washington, 554th Combat Support Group & 554 Civil Engineering Squadron, Panama, and the 37th Combat Support Group, Nellis AFB, Nevada.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

KitsapCaller - THANK YOU for your service. The world is a much better place because of people like you. I wish everyone out there puttiing their lives on the line for our freedom a safe and quick return home to their families.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:23 AM
Spike

My names JD, im 29 from Meeker, CO. Ive bin hunting, fishing, camping and fourwheeling all my life. Turkey hunting is a relative new comer to my life, this is only my 3rd year, But i am addicted to it all ready, was the first gobble i heard!!! I hunt Merriams with my wife and little brother in the Roan Cliffs/ Flattops area of colorado. Used to think it was only good for Elk, boy was i mistaken. I have 2 boys just chompin at the bit to come join me but bein 1 and 3 kinda hampers um a bit

To any and all that read this i just wanted to say- I am so proud and so vey gratefull to all the men and woman who have served this great nation. You souls sacrifice allows the rest of us to live free, thank you. Be safe and come home soon.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:53 AM

HI all,
For those of you who don't know me, my name is Kendra and I am 17(well, soon to be) and I am graduating this year from highschool. I will be going to college this fall and I'm really excited about that...
I live in Arkansas (whoo pig sooee!!!)and that is where I will be doing most of my hunting this year. I will be taking a trip up to PA to hunt spring turkey and coyote in May. I will be huntin with a .20 gauge for the turkey, but if I feel proficient enough, I may take my bow, which I got in January of this year. Its a 2005 Hoyt Rintech. I have become 100% addicted to shooting my bow, and its hard to keep me away from it.lol
I shoot with a team in Shooting sports, and we do stuff from practicing and competing in archery and .22 pistol, to wildlife ID and compass reading. Archery is my strong point, and shotgun comes in second.
I write for a womens hunting website in my spare time, and some of my hobbies outside of hunting and shooting, are horseback riding, volleyball and anything outside, naturally.
Anyway,
I've not done much turkey hunting in the past, but I have been working on my call stratigies so hopefully I will bring something home this spring.

I also want to give my most sincere thanks to all of our service men and women both at home and overseas. You don't know how much we truly appreciate what you do for our country, and for willingly sacficing you own life, everyday for me and everyone else.
I can't express my thanks near enough or good enough, for you.
God bless.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:40 PM
Typical Buck

Hello All, My name is Brendan, and i am 17. I have been Deer Hunting since i was 12 or 13, and this will be 4 fourth year turkey hunting, and this far it has been a shutout. I hunt the fields and woods on Central New York, where the birds are plentiful and smart, I hope to connect this year!

In my spare time I love to Snowmobile and Fourwheel in the New York Trails and Swamps, as well as kayaking, fishing and baseball. I will be graduating come June and will be attending a technology college 40 mins away from my house.

The town i come from is rich with the marine blood, and I support every effort. Everyone around here either knows someone or has family serving in the military. I know of atleast 4 Different people that have served overseas as apart of the military or as a civilian worker/ex military personnell. Currently my Father's Buddy is serving his second tour in 3 years, 1st was Iraq, now in Ghana. SEMPER FI.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:17 AM

I thought I'd bump this back to page 1 and see how everyone's pre seasons are progressing.

Quick Reply: Team 2 Backwoods Strutters....Let's Roll....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.