HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Do you like/use push-button calls? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/91247-do-you-like-use-push-button-calls.html)

1950KID 02-20-2005 04:40 PM

Do you like/use push-button calls?

Do you use/like the push-button calls? I have a M.A.D.D. call . It's the one called Simplicity. I think it's a good call.
I'd like to know what calls you do or don/t like.

12 pointer 02-20-2005 04:55 PM

RE: Do you like/use push-button calls?

i have one, some kind of lohman. i hate it because it sounds really bad. its the only one i have ever used though.

the animal 02-20-2005 06:50 PM

I use the Away Turkey Trooper 2000. It has ajustable volume and a cluck button on it. It's great for purring becuase you turn down the volume when the grobbler start coming in.

WAYNE1 02-20-2005 08:48 PM

I've got a Quaker Boy push pull call...had it for about 12 year's now....2nd tom I ever took...that's the only call I had at the time. :D

bsteve 02-20-2005 10:13 PM

I always have one in my vest. The nice thing about them is that it doesn't take much movement to use one. I'm using a Woods Wise Mystic.

determined 02-21-2005 06:20 AM

i use a knight and hale lonesome hen,i like the way it fits in my palm,its worked for me.

Bobgobble2 02-21-2005 07:35 AM

Me too Determined!!!Lot of folks dont like this call,but work it on a stationary surface and it is a great addition to my repertoire of turkey talk!I like to use it in conjunction with my diaphragm in sounding like more than one hen!!Very easy to use......

BT 02-21-2005 12:44 PM

I tryed the "egg" I hated the sound.
I gave it to my doughter to play with.

But i have a buddy that has a old push call.
its a little wood box with what looks like a state bar"strip" at the top and the push button moves what looks like a striker tip across it.

It sounds good. but i cant find another like it.

He said he got this one from a old bait and takle shop in Tolgey that closed back in 78.

black warrior 02-21-2005 06:44 PM

Not my favorite category of call, but I got a few. My all time favorite and one that I will cherish is one hand made by Winky Hinks of Grove Hill, AL. It is his Sweet Wild Hen model and I stood there as he built it tuned it and signed it. It is hands down the best sounding push type call I have ever heard and in the hands of a master like Winky it is unbelievable. I use it quite often and it resides in a special spot in my vest.

RiverBottomBowHunter 02-22-2005 08:01 AM

As far as PB calls go, I use the dueling(sp) hens box call. It is 2 PB calls in one. It has worked very well for me.