Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

New To Turkey Hunting

Old 02-19-2005, 10:25 PM

Default New To Turkey Hunting

Finally, I was invited to join a club. It is located in S. GA on 1,700 acres. The year long lease will allow me to Turkey hunt for the first time. Where I grew up there was very little turkey, so we never hunted them.

Ok, since this will be my first time I will have several questions. First off, guns. I have a couple Remington 20 gages and can borrow a 12 gage if, necessary. What type of chokes should I be looking into and type of shot? And what are some ways to get a tighter pattern? I have a box call and have seen a lot of shows on t.v. using the slate calls. I pretty much understand the types and use of the calls.

More questions are sure to come, but I figured I would start small first.

Thanks,
DH
Old 02-20-2005, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New To Turkey Hunting

Go get yourself a rem super full turkey choke and a box of Win HV #5's and start your patterning sestions