Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Crystal Calls

Old 01-26-2005, 01:39 PM
Spike

Default Crystal Calls

Do any of you'll use a crystal friction call? I have glass, slate, and aluminum pots but was looking at the Woodshaven crystal or the Midwest limited edition made by Woodhaven and was wondering how and if the crystal was likely to be a useful member of the arsenal. Thanks.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:05 PM

Default RE: Crystal Calls

I have one crystal friction call. I have the freak by primos, its a real good call. I use crystal, glass, and slate, but I dont really care for the aluminum too much. The crystal gives a really nice soft sound with the wood striker that came with it, but I havent tried any of my other strikers on it yet.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

As far as friction calls go the Primos Power Crystel is my favorite.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:13 PM

I tried my crystal friction call with some other strikers. Soft wooden ones work best, then hard wood, then plastic. The carbon or whatever they dont work good at all, they are way too high and squeaky.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

it's my favorite one....that with a purple heart striker.....used to only use the power crystal by primos, but then i was introduced to Andy Kaiser and he made me a couple.....out all of the other surfaces , i like the crystal the best....
Old 01-26-2005, 08:23 PM

The Cherry Classic Crystal form Woodhaven is awesome! I have used it for a couple of seasons now and always got good response form it. It is just plain "turkey" any way you call with it. I wouldn't trade it for any other call in my vest or any other I heard personally. If you like slate type calls then Woodhaven is top notch.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:42 PM

I love my Primos Power Crystal. My buddy has a MAD crystal call and it sounds pretty good as well.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:38 PM

I Have The Freak Crystal..Its Ok..Lota Work Getting It Sanded But Sounds Good
Old 01-28-2005, 08:47 AM
Typical Buck

I've got a M.A.D. Super Crystal. I was hunting in Wisconsin about 6 years ago and my hunting buddy's brother said "Have I got a turkey slayer for you". He borrowed me his MAD super C and I went out the next day and took a nice gobbler with it. Then I bought my own that week and went back to Minnesota and called in another gobbler which I shot. Since then, I've taken at least one gobbler per year with it and just love the tone I get with it. I rough it up with sandpaper and also rough up the Acryllic striker and match the hen sounds enough to piss the hens off in most cases. I'm a decent caller with a friction call but this dang thing makes me feel like the king!!
Old 01-28-2005, 12:26 PM

The Power Crystal and Freak crystal both sound good. You definitely need a crystal in your arsenal, as I've seen it when they really preferred that over any other call I threw at them.

Hal

Quick Reply: Crystal Calls

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.