Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

How many calls

Old 01-29-2005, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many calls

WOW!!! Good question!!! Besides all the regular shock calls, a box, several pot calls (my personal favorite ), and an assortment of mouth calls, that's about it for me.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:52 PM

3 slates, 4 strikers, 1 crow call, 1 box call, about 10 diaphrams and I think thats about all of the calls, 9 out of 10 times im usually useing a diaphram
Old 01-30-2005, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

Two.......many!
Old 01-30-2005, 03:23 PM
Fork Horn

never got confident enough with mouth calls honestly,my point is i carry a waterproof box and slate call with my favorites.i was frustrated more than once trying to make turkey talk in pouring rain,even if you have some shelter your going to get wet and so are your calls.i think at least one waterproof call in your vest is a good investment.
Old 01-30-2005, 05:25 PM

I prob take about two friction calls(pot style) two mouth calls. Thats about it for me. Not one for carring half the outdoor show with me
Old 01-30-2005, 06:04 PM

Too many. Buncha diaphragms, 2 box calls, 2-3 slates + a mess of strikers, practically every type of locator call known to man, 3 pushbuttons (a pair of fighting purrs + 1), a slot call, a gobbler.

Then I mostly just use the diaphragm in my mouth!!!

(My list of other stuff I carry goes on and on. Laser rangefinder, GPS, compass, gun and shells, sometimes my Doghouse, or one of the two other portable blinds I have, decoys, fishing line, a backpack with lunch, beverages (even, at times, a thermos of coffee!!), maps, shears, fold up saw, lightweight waders, wet-wipes (for tp), extra mask, extra gloves, green LED headlamp, permission slips, webbed seat, beaded cushion, maybe a stool, and more . . . PLUS, I have a tub with other gear like a scale, tape measure, other decoys and whatever I don't take along in the woods which I keep in the back of my truck!!) I confess, I'm a gearhead!!!