Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 How many Banquets are you planning on going to? >

How many Banquets are you planning on going to?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

How many Banquets are you planning on going to?

Old 12-19-2004, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default How many Banquets are you planning on going to?

I try to hit 3 or 4 around my area, I really enjoy them and its a great time to spend with some other turkey hunters from around the area, I usually end up spending more money than I should but its for a great cause and I have won a couple of guns and some other really neat prizes, Looking forward to this years Banquets and maybe one of these years I will win one of the Guns of the year. For Banquets in you area and state check this link.

http://www.nwtf.org/in_your_state/?d...te/banquet.php
Old 12-19-2004, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many Banquets are you planning on going to?

Last year was the first one that I missed in a long while!! I do plan on going to this years!! I also am going to the NWTF Convention this year in Nashville. Was wondering how many will be attending that show as well?
Old 12-19-2004, 08:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would love to be able to attend the convention one of these years but so far I have'nt been able to. That would have to be a blast.
Old 12-20-2004, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

I'll go to 2 for sure and possibly 1 or 2 more. Would love to go to the national but just cann't swing that at this time.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've never went to one, but there is one scheduled right near home. Every year I say I'm going, but never do.

How much do tickets usually cost?
What do we do there?
Is it a dated function, or should I take my hunting crew?
Is NWTF membership required?
Dress code?

Thanks for your help!
Old 12-20-2004, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

Got the state banquet next month and the local banquet in August. Might skip the state banquet, the awards go on so long the thing begins to drag...
Old 12-20-2004, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Quiksilver, the cost vary to some degree but most banquets run from about 40 to 50 dollars with 25 of that going to your annual membership dues, I attend some other banquets besides my home town banquet and they usually just charge for the meal ticket which is usually around 15 bucks.

They will have a meal, then have different games and drawings to participate in then they will have the live auction in which they offer their yearly banquet package up for sale.

You can bring whoever you want

Yeah NWTF memebrship is required, thats the main purpose for the banquets, to grow our membership and raise the money needed to fund the NWTF and all that it does.

No special dress, just whatever you want to wear, nothing fancy at the ones I have been to.
Old 12-23-2004, 08:52 PM
Fork Horn

I'LL most likely go to 2 they are within 30 mi. of home and they are a good time
Old 12-23-2004, 09:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was supposed to go to one last year but I missed it. I'll try to go to one this year, I'll be old enough to win a gun this time Free stuff is always good.
Old 12-25-2004, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Strut,I'll usually try and hit at least one!Probably two though!!If you all havn't attended one of these,try it you'll like it!You dont have to spend a bunch of $ to have a good time!I enjoy talkin turkey and seeing folks I havn't seen in awhile!Plus everyone I've been too,the food is fabulous and so are the hostesses!!

Quick Reply: How many Banquets are you planning on going to?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.