Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkey Gun Mossburg????

Old 11-27-2004, 10:43 AM

Default Turkey Gun Mossburg????

I was talking with a buddy about turkey hunting and guns came up, he says mossburg makes a bad product?

Now I have herd from several people that years ago this was true but Mossburg made a great come back and now putting out a nice line and a great turkey gun

any comments on this

Thanks NWINDIANA
Old 11-27-2004, 12:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Turkey Gun Mossburg????

Well I like my 835. It points and shoots well. I wouldn't want one for a wingshooting gun, just not smooth enough and doesn't point well for that type shooting in my opinion.
Witha Rhino choke and Nitro hevi-shot I couldn't ask for a better pattern and the gun has worked very well for me, as a dedicated turkey-only gun.
Old 11-27-2004, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can he give a reason why he says mossberg makes a bad product???? I have mossberg and remington shotguns and honestly they are just as tough as one another, asfar as patterning and recoil management I would have to say my mossberg 835 throws a tighter pattern and has less recoil with a turkey full choke and federal premium 3.5 inch 2 1/4 oz #6's. my 870 which also fires a 3.5 inch shell is better with waterfowl loads and looser chokes either way I like both the same. I just want to know why people keep talkin sh!t on mossbergs, there is nothing wrong with a mossberg and in alot cases they are better then other shotguns. from my experience mossberg and remington shotguns are equals just they both have some different features which I like and if there was some way to combine the two guns together with the features I like that would be the perfect shotgun to me. I think alot of times people talk Cr@p on mossbergs because they own a something else you know Ford vs. chevy syndrone. I own both mossbergs and remingtons i also own a ford and a chevy So I guess I just dont see it like everyone else does. People like that are what I call simps short for simpletons in other words ignorant fools that only see everything in black or white, seems so hill billy. Well whatever floats their boat to each his own. Just seems like somany of these guys out there have to preech that their gun is better and your gun is cr@p only to make themselves feel better about their choice seems they are not convinced that their gun is better so they have to sh!t talk on other guns to convince themsleves that their gun is infact better. Its so immature, childish and pathetic. these guys need to grow up and just worry about themselves and leave others alone. Its retarded why try to sell someone onto to something you own rather then let them decide for themselves, Its not like these sh!t talkers are getting a comission for every person they convert from owning a mossberg. why do these guys do this? does it really effect them that much because I like mossbergs? I just think these guys just do it because it makes them feel more confident about there gun. I dont get it, but i am begining to get sick of it................................................ .........
Old 11-27-2004, 04:07 PM

I was told your gun is the one you hit with no matter who makes it and that i agree

but man don't get so whipped up over what some guys opion is on a gun or anything else I have another buddy who
( and it is where i got my info on mossberg being a good gun) loves the product .

didn't mean to get anyone fired up

and his reason for saying that was over all qaulity his says for the money you can get a better gun
Old 11-28-2004, 02:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

NWindiana
naw you didnt get me fired up. Ive been fired up lol I have read atleast a 200 hundred posts in the last 6 months dogging on mossbergs. Im just a little fed up thats all.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had to laugh High desert!!!I no what you mean!It is irritating to down talk something you've never tried!My dad shoots a ultimag,my son shoots a ultimag,and I guide a bunch of hunters through the spring and fall season who turkey hunt with a mossberg also!I can tell you first hand,they perform as well as any gun I've seen out there!The right set-up and these guns are a devestating turkey thumper!!For the price there a terrific buy!!!
Old 11-29-2004, 07:59 PM

I have two turkey guns, a remington 870 that shoots 3" shells and a mossberg 835 that shoots 3.5s. They shoot pretty close to the same. Too close for me to say which one shoots better. The one fault I have with the 835 is that every so often when you jack an empty shell out, you have to pump twice to get it to kick out. I have heard of other people having the same problem. It happens about one every 15 or 20 pumps I would say. It hasn't cost me a follow-up shot on a bird, YET.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:01 AM

I use a Mossberg 500 for turkeys, with the factory turkey tube, and it patterns very well. I use it for doves and ducks also. No complaints at all.

Hal
Old 11-30-2004, 11:50 AM

Had a moss. in the army and have a .500 now. Loved it then and now. Don't care what anyone says, ever. It's my brand of shot gun for ever. Period.

Plan on getting the 8 or 935 soon just so I can shoot the 3 1/2" shells. Shoot the 3" now and love the knock down power alot.

Talking turkeys. Had 2 in my sights, 2 shots, 2 birds in my belly.

I'll stick with the girl I asked to the prom.
Old 11-30-2004, 02:43 PM

The field has spoken!!!

I will make sure my buddy reads these comments!

gota tell ya I love the way this forum speaks its mind

thanks all

Quick Reply: Turkey Gun Mossburg????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.