Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Turkey hunting vids anyone? >

Turkey hunting vids anyone?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkey hunting vids anyone?

Old 10-11-2004, 06:12 AM

Default Turkey hunting vids anyone?

If you have your own or some one elses post them here.
Old 10-11-2004, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Turkey hunting vids anyone?

The one person here that has a huge collection is Adrian!! Last count I heard he was over 100!!![:-]
Old 10-12-2004, 03:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

As being from Ontario Canada back in the late 80's , we had no info on Wild turkey hunting at all. I joined the NWTF then and got the Mag. Turkey Hunting, which is now called Turkey and Turkey Hunting. I also Started to collect Turkey hunting Video's. Everyone one that I could find. The last count and this was back about 4-5 years ago was 110. I have learned more from the video's then one can believe.

You have to watch one a couple or 3 times to learn different angles. Watching the hunts you looked at the back ground and listened to how and when the birds Called back to the hunters. Listening to the caller, the way he called , and how the birds responded to then and aswell How the birds worked into the gun man.

I sence quit collecting as I did learn enough to kill a bird or two, and beable to hunt on my own. The knowledge in a Video is never ending , but the person watching it needs to look past the Kill...BT
Old 10-18-2004, 11:25 AM
Typical Buck

I am another Ontario Turkey Hunter that is self taught (still self teaching actually with a lot to learn). I have gained huge amounts of knowledge from my video collection which pales in comparison to Adrian's, with only about a dozen or so.

I found it interesting to hear the comments about looking past the kill. I drive my wife crazy when I watch them. I am constantly pausing and rewinding and looking at all the things Adrian mentioned. Some of the best learning has been from the unsuccessful hunts they occassionally show on the video's.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Adrian, you'll have to watch for River Valley Game Calls new/first video out new now. It features 21 harvest from across the country. It's quite good if I can say so myself.