Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Are U passive or aggressive turkey hunter? >

Are U passive or aggressive turkey hunter?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Are U passive or aggressive turkey hunter?

Old 02-27-2002, 08:45 AM

Default RE: Are U passive or aggressive turkey hunter?

I'm definelety a passive turk hunter. I believe that if a tom responds to your call more than once in the morning, he will eventually be back to check it out. I killed two birds last season past nine o'clock when birds that wouldn't come in off the roost eventually made there way torward me. Just a couple yelps throughout the morning is all it takes. be patient and u will usually be successful
Old 02-27-2002, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a little bit of both. I have been known to sit for an hour or 2 in likely areas waiting for a gobbler to approach (even if I haven't heard one). However, I am just as likely to cutt-n-run if I'm not hearing anything. Depends on my mood and how the birds are acting.
Old 02-27-2002, 11:05 AM

Im very aggressive. I like to call alot and like to get a bird realy fired up. But I do know when to keep it low key too. Varies from bird to bird.
Old 02-27-2002, 04:01 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-27-2002, 05:09 PM

Veru aggressive, Constantly move around to keep the turkeys guessing. Always get a bird every year.
Old 02-27-2002, 05:35 PM
Typical Buck

I'm Lucky and proud of it.
all aspects of the game are a combo of passive and aggressive hunting. add up the combos and it equals LUCK
Old 02-27-2002, 07:58 PM

i have to go after him, call agressive and move pretty quick if i dont like the way he is responding. i know i will blow my chances sometimes but i have fun.
Old 02-28-2002, 10:11 AM

i was agressive in the past, when i would hear a gobble i would go to them and set up..i haven't had much success the past 3 years so i'm going back to the passive approach..i'm gunna set-up on the edge of a picked corn field and just wait um out..i'm approaching it like deer hunting...i will call sometimes though.
Old 02-28-2002, 10:49 AM

I usually let the situation dictate whether or not to be aggressive or passive. If I'm set up on a bird I roosted the night before, I start off passive; if he responds immediatly, then I keep it passive. He knows I'm there, which means I've got his attention; so i don't want to overcall him, and have him wait for me to come to him. If it is an area with alot of hens, then I call aggressively with a diaphram and a slate at the same time, to try and convince him he got a better deal in my direction. In this case, I just keep hammerin' him until he gets close, then lighten up to close the deal.
Old 02-28-2002, 03:44 PM
Spike

Both.

Quick Reply: Are U passive or aggressive turkey hunter?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.