HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Camo that doesn't fade (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/63369-camo-doesnt-fade.html)

Mr. Longbeard 06-11-2004 12:02 PM

Camo that doesn't fade

Anybody know of a good camo that dosen't fade. Most of all the camo I have is fade out...

buttonbuckmaster 06-11-2004 01:32 PM

RE: Camo that doesn't fade

I think it all fades in time. Try washing it inside out in cold water. Seems to delay the inevitable.

trapper T 06-11-2004 06:02 PM

Might try the "Saddle Cloth" mine hasn't faded in over 5 years, now I ain't saying it gets washed very much;) but it does get wet.

gobblerspur 06-12-2004 07:18 AM

there is a product i saw on tv,it suppose to renew faded camo or hunting clothes. i forgot the name.i don't know how good it works,but if i find it again iwill get and try it.

Deleted User 06-12-2004 08:16 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

turkeyhunter_15 06-12-2004 01:02 PM

I Wash My Camo By Hand With A Wash Cloth So It Dont Fade, Stuffs To Expensive To Buy Then Fade

dog1 06-12-2004 05:05 PM

Mr. Longbeard,

As buttonbuckmaster said, turning the clothes inside out helps and all of it will fade in time.

I was at a Walls' factory outlet about 3 years ago looking for a new camo coat because the one I used was faded bad. There was a lady from Walls factory (rep) and she heard me talking to the salesperson about the problem. The sales rep. said the worst thing you could do to camo clothing was to wash them in detergent that had UV brightners. She made the recommendation to use a detergent like Arm and Hammer, which has no UV brightners and that's what I've been using, seems to help.

dog1

turkeyhunter_15 06-13-2004 12:10 AM

Sent Lock Has A Detergent Without U.V Brightners And Other Brands Check Out Your Local Sporting Goods Dealer

Bobgobble2 06-13-2004 08:55 AM

Ken, may sound a little ridiculous but it doesn't matter what i do my camo still fades over time!So consequently I battle this by having lots of it!I have 6 or seven pant/jacket combinations I rotate throughout the season and as a result have to wash very little.And when I do wash its generally pants specific unless I've got gobbler blood on me!!:DAfter deer and turk season I jump on these $off specials on camo specifically with this purpose in mind!;)

Strut&Rut 06-13-2004 12:57 PM

If your looking for something that is extremely fade resistant, try Saddlecloth, Microfiber, or wool.

A definite "must-do" is during the first wash add 2 cups white vinegar...the acid will help set the dyes in the clothes...and vinegar works on all clothing, not just camo. After the initial washing, wash in cold water with Borax, hydrogen peroxide and no-scent body soap/shampoo.

stuckinthereeds 06-16-2004 06:48 PM

I guess you'll just have to go and buy new camp. Dang, new camo;)