Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Fall Turkey Hunting?????? >

Fall Turkey Hunting??????

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Fall Turkey Hunting??????

Old 06-10-2004, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Fall Turkey Hunting??????

Is it much diff from Spring Turkey Hunting. What do u do differen't. Do the turkeys goobble? Any INFO will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Trapper_Hunter
Old 06-10-2004, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fall Turkey Hunting??????

I've always wondered that to.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:09 PM

During the fall season I normally hunt them by spot and stalk. I'm out at the ranch everday deer hunting or doing something else, so if I see a group of turkies and if I'm in the mood to mess with one, then I will go after them until I get with in range. Also during the fall season turkies come into the corn that I put out for deer, so sometimes I will shoot one this way.
Old 06-12-2004, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, this morning my papa seen 3 gobblers eating the corn we put out for deer.
Old 06-12-2004, 01:05 PM

Only Thing You Really Do Is Find Out There Daily Route Sit And Wait!
Only Calling ( I Dont Call) You Do Is Maybe A Few Putts And Purrs, And Scratch In The Leaves. I Just Figure Out There Daily Route. Sit All Day And Wait.
Old 06-12-2004, 02:16 PM

Spot and stalk also. I sometimes try and set up my deer blind in the same areas that turkeys move through, or if i get a chance during the middle of the day, ill set up an ambush spot, but i think its kinda pointless to try and decoy and call.
Old 06-12-2004, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I prefer the scatter and call em back in method.lots of fun
Old 06-13-2004, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with Jim if the opportunity presents itself!Young birds can be quite vocal once broke up and come running back in to regroup!Lots of turkey talk usually can be the norm if you get a good break-up....keekkee's...keekee runs...and agrressive lost yelps can bring em back!!
Old 06-15-2004, 07:45 PM
Typical Buck

I call in the fall and call loud and often ("lost yelping" and/or key-keying). I hear more turkeys calling in the fall than the spring. My fall turkey season (VA) usually lasts just the first morning I am out there. I used to try to bust the birds, but learned that if you know where they feed or roost, just set up in a comfortable spot and call them in. I've had as many as 25 birds in family flocks come running in to my position, looking for the "lost" bird - pick and choose, just make sure you don't take out the brood hen. One note: when you are dealing with a flock of adult gobblers, do everything in your power to break them up (or amwhack them). I've had adult gobs yelp, cluck and gobble at me, but until you break them up, their calls are generally just a courtesy invite for you to come and join them. Once in a rare while, they'll come in out of social curiosity to gobbler clucks or yelps without having been busted up, but don't count on it...
-fsh
Old 06-17-2004, 05:20 PM

they can be vocal , clucks, yelps and kee kee's. i have heard gobblers gobble during the fall, but not much as they do in the spring. i heard on gobble during deer season. i try to find a flock or locate a travel route they use. i try to break the flock up and try to call them back in half hour.sometimes they try to regroup sooner.

Quick Reply: Fall Turkey Hunting??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.